1947 Dodge truck blower motor

I have searched the forums to no avail, so I'll ask in hopes of finding an answer.  Has anyone rebuilt or sourced a blower motor for the interior heater?  Mine works but I am replacing the wiring harness and the wire is so brittle, but it is a part of the motor itself.  Has anyone else attempted this?  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.

I bought one but I’m not sure if it will be an easy fix or not- will the hamster wheel press right on? Will I be able to mount it without basically making a whole new box from scratch. Going 12v too.

I pulled my heater core the beginning of winter and still haven’t gotten around to it. I can wear a jacket and my cab isn’t drafty but a working defrost vent and tubes would be a big upgrade from the towel that’s folded up in the passenger footwell!

sorry I wasn’t more help hopefully you’ll get some photos and part numbers out of somebody else. I know it’s been done plenty

1 hour ago, Al Peterson said:

Ed,

I'll look tonight when I get home.  I'm thinking perhaps OE simply because it fits so nice.  The only thing that makes me question it is they had an excessive amount of wire from the switch to the blower motor.  LOL  

Al

OE is a Mopar model 36. Should be split in the center with a stainless band around the split. 

My understanding is they were all dealer installed. I have an Arvin cab heater. I used the switch @Al Peterson is showing above. My motor was frozen. I PBBlasted it and force turned it with vise grips. Patience and persistence got it working again. Now I need to figure out how to fix the small leak in the core; guess I cleaned that up too good.

Arvin Truck Heater.jpg

1 hour ago, Al Peterson said:

Is this an OE unit or dealer installed?

B724FC2F-89A6-49F7-89AE-AB55F75D387F.jpeg

69A26C96-A914-43C0-BD07-8B3A896C946E.jpeg

That would be aftermarket. The Mopar one proudly says Mopar model 36 on the front. Either way you should be able to either repair or replace that wire. Could you attach new wire and then heat shrink over the remaining old wire ?

LittleEd,

I can certainly do that but That is less desireable...but we don’t always get what we want!  LOL

thanks everyone, I truly appareciate everyone’s input.  

I just made an all new harness for the lighting/gas guage/tail lights.  Now I have to tackle the other half of that interior harness.  Honestly, I am amazed everything works on this truck.  After doing that, I know why they get $850 for a full harness.  

Update:  I ended up cutting the old line and splicing a new wire in.  I took the housing off only to find an additional housing inside.  Two of those screws would not come out.  So I called it even and spliced the wire.  Here it is all cleaned up.  Note: I am fixing everything on the truck and then leaving it as is, original condition.  

9809F53F-692F-4E51-A26B-0A54CA8D4568.jpeg

• Like 1