Keeping busy

Rosco

Hope everyone is well and keeping busy during this period of “social distancing” and stress.  Just wondering what everyone is up to and what you are doing to keep from getting “cabin fever”.   Personally, I’m just about to start cleaning up my car and getting it ready to wake up from it’s winter hibernation.  It’s still a bit early here in Canada,  but I just can’t wait to get out driving!  I’m also finally getting around to organizing all the old paperwork (old ownerships, insurance forms, previous bills of sale, bills/receipts etc.) and putting it in a binder.

Stay safe out there - social distance, stay home, wash your hands often and listen to your local health officials.  We’ll get through this.

Ross

F28FF74A-F6C1-4EE3-8CFB-1AA1990A7034.jpeg

• Like 1

I work in an essential industry, but not all my clients are in that category so work is hit or miss right now.  I am salaried with OT so I get my base pay anyway.

What days I now have open I am working around the house.  Pulled some bushes this weekend using the tire and truck method, that's slickest thing ever.  Mowed the lawn, twice, this morning.  Back and forth, then diagonal.  Dang rain all last week

Today a box o' parts arrived from Rockauto so I can tinker with the Cambridge.  Right now I am in the middle of collecting the parts to put dual throttle body EFI on the Thickstun intake I bought.  Pretty sure I have a complete list of the parts on my spreadsheet and they are rolling in.  I'll write about it as it progresses. 

• Haha 1

I was asked to take a computer  from work, and work from home. I have been. It's been weird, however I carry on trying to maintain business levels where I can.

I have plenty to keep my busy with my two old Mopars. One is jacked up in the middle of an extensive revival. I'll be at it for a long time yet. When the mechanical work is all done,  then I can quickly refocus on body work. Interior work. I can't imagine what I'll do with all my spare time when the car is fully done some day. Right now that idea seems like a lifetime away.

Spring is here. Regular yard maintenance will be done as the weekends pass.

Edited by keithb7
  • Haha 1

Working my normal work from home (retail hq) and doing a bunch of projects around the house. Working on a pair of built in dressers for a closet right now. 

Two items: have a starter problem on my  suburban, new solenoid, good heavy cables, new ign switch, new  solenoid which  clicks as it should, but starter won’t activate. Tomorrow will Recharge the battery and clean the terminal on the starter. It’s a six volt starter on a 12 volt system, should spin. 

item two, I’m building some oak wood side and front rails for my Sportster bed, and ordered all remaing needed parts from Jbug to finish the mechanical. At 82, I’m much slower today than two years ago but that’s to be expected. 

I live in a rural area so still very careful, but don’t have the urban situation. 

Edited by pflaming