Sunday drive

Doug&Deb

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

Ralph your '37 Chrysler could easily be mistaken for my 38 Plymouth. So very similar looking. Assume you have the front window that pops open?

What size engine? 3 Speed? I've love to see your car appear more often o

Keith, You're right, the body profiles do look very much alike.  I would guess some body parts may well be interchangeable. The hood on my Chrysler is not split.The windshield does open as  yours does. The car still has the stock C16 228.1 cu. in. engine and the stock 3 speed transmission with  overdrive .It runs well, no trouble going 60 mph in 3rd without shifting into overdrive. I have the original bill of sale, which is cool. The car was sold in Bozeman, Mt to a woman residing in Livingston, Mt on April 30 1937. Overdrive was a $35.00 option. Aluminum head $6.00 (no longer fitted).Dual horns $15.00.Wheel shields (skirts) $10.00. Deluxe steering wheel (Banjo style)$7.50.Paint $9.00.Whitewall tires $15.00. It has a custom radio with the proper antenna under the running boards which wasn't listed on the bill of sale.

The car is not original, repainted different colour, the upholstery is not correct, has been replaced, the wheels are after market fitted with radial tires. (I have the original wheels and hubcaps) and It has been converted to 12 volts.

It is by no means a "show car", but it's safe and fun to drive...? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, T120 said:

It is by no means a "show car", but it's safe and fun to drive...? 

Several years ago my girlfriend at the time was with me at a WPC meet. She was helping me clean up the truck for the car show and was getting way more detailed than I would on certain things. I kept saying, "It ain't no show vehicle." Her reply sticks with me to this day, even though she didn't. She said, "Then why are you putting it into a show?" 

It doesn't have to be a "show car" to enjoy it and show it off whenever possible. 

• Like 3