Sunday drive

Doug&Deb

Technically it was a Saturday drive but that’s not the point. Now is a good time to get in the car and take a drive in the country. For those of you who must shelter in place, take care of all the little projects you’ve been meaning to do. Remember, this crisis will end. We’re all in this together and we will get through this together. Everyone be safe and stay healthy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

UP here, all stores are  close, except,  for food, drugstores,, we have to stay 6 ft between each other ?? 

still to much snow for the Dodge to get out of hibernation.. 

but all next week ,the temperature will be over 32F(0c) it should melt fast until middle of April..

for now while waiting,, I watch and rewatch Master tech video, and follow this site..

I"m sure this summer will be a GREAT ONE,,

keep the sunny side-up and the 3 on the tree

• Like 1

Pouring rain here or I would work on the new shed today. When it's done I can get back to my project cars . . . at least my truck is getting "washed." And we seriously need the rain. Maybe fishing will improve this year. 

I bought my fishing license online, thinking to tow my little boat up to the lake. Someday Edith d' Plymouth will get to tow it, but she's in bits right now.

Instead, I'm hiding out in the garage, sanding a birch top for my computer desk.

• Like 1

I took a short drive around our little town today on my way back from the  Post Office. Most places closed however was surprised to see both Autozone and NAPA open and busy.  Essential for some I suppose.  i need to change oil on my daughters car Thursday but already have the stuff.  Been a little nippy since the shutdown started to do much outside but supposed to change. Haven't gone near the old cars yet except to say hi in passing the garage.

• Like 1

Yeah, still too much snow on the ground and crud on the roads to drive the ol' D24 in northern Maine, too.  Although, I did finish putting the drivetrain back in the VW last month, the test "drive" was back and forth, then turn the Bug around 180 degrees in the garage - which was on a Sunday.  (I seal the big door up for the winter to keep the snow out and heat in, won't unseal it until the end of this month.) Don't know if that counts, but I'll take what I can get...:D  Photos of everyone's first spin of spring would be nice inspiration.

• Like 1

I drive mine just about every day, rain or shine.  I don't drive it on the day or two we have snow out here, but I don't generally drive anything then, I just stay home.

I thought I was going to have to replace my hot water heater today, but it turned out to be a leaky hose up top.  Took her to Lowe's today.  Hadn't planned to go anywhere but it is what it is.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 3:29 PM, Doug&Deb said:

We’re now under lock down so no Sunday drives. I can drive it to work but at the hour I leave there are way too many deer. Oh well eventually this will be over. Till then everyone stay healthy and stay safe.

Here too we are under lock down,, only essentiel personnels,  but even if I want to get the Dodge out... still too much sand & salt on the road,, and   potholes season is started,,   plus there is nobody too fix them,  the city only kept a crew for emergency!!!!.  ho well,,  we have to stay quiet until the end of April,,   then will see,,    hang in there you all!! 

Edited by lepic56
to be more precise

We are locked down here as well, but being down under is a bit of a bonus in these troubled times, Our biggest issue has been with a number of cruise ships with sick passengers. One came into Sydney a couple of weeks ago and they let everyone off without any checks. That has now spread all the way to us in the west. We have had three ships come into Perth that have been handled a lot better but still have one with sick people coming off it daily and its probably not in a position to leave anytime soon.

Meanwhile we are going nowhere. I'm making rapid progress on the 38 in the shed, the wife is busy quilting, and the 29 and 55 Plymouths are gathering cobwebs. Weather here is beautiful, autumn at its best, so different to you guys struggling out of winter. I spent 7 years in Northern Ontario above Lake Huron, and dont miss the cold one bit..

• Haha 1

Its definitely been scary; I’ve been working from home and spending time out in the garage to keep my head in a good place. Missouri hasn’t been hit that hard but I feel for the states that have. It’s a good time to slow down, open God’s Word, and spend time in prayer for those who are suffering from this illness.

• Like 1

I am starting to go a little squirrely here today. It's been 3 weeks now working my job from home. It's getting to me. I've gone to grab a few auto supplies needed for my '38 project. Then straight back home. I've not set inside another store or business to spend a $1 in some time.  My 1938 Ply project has kept me occupied mostly at evenings and weekends. 

If the weather is good tomorrow I think I'll go for a drive in my Chrysler.  Somewhere.  Not sure where. No visiting anyone. Just a drive I think. There is no snow left anywhere. All the roads are dry. The sweepers are out cleaning up all the winter sand and gravel off the roads. We're not officially under any public "lock down", but we stay home as suggested. I don't think I'll hurt anyone or pick up the virus when I go out for a solo drive. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

Enough done to take her out for a little spin, come back refreshed and ready to finish up some details... Hopefully the Spring Fling local Mopar show will get rescheduled 

ps please feel free to explain how to rotate pics (they were not sideways on my phone)

9CBA2413-FD47-4068-8F4A-93DE14BB8B91.jpeg

B77A05D1-8134-4480-BDB8-451B0A646099.jpeg

ECA6A6D7-4630-4FE7-8FFD-D56718183776.jpeg

Edited by JSabah
  • Like 2

Phones take picture like a camera rotated 90 degrees from normal.  If you use your phone hold it so the wide part is horizontal.

Either that or you have to save the pic to your computer, rotate it there and resave, then post.  If you have Windows you can usually just right click on teh pic in your folder and rotate will appear as an option, no idea on Apple stuff.

• Like 1

Maine went to stay-at-home orders for the month of April beginning yesterday.  BUT, April is not yet a good month to get the ol' D24 out anyway.  Although I still have a couple feet of snow on the ground, my trails and such are bare...but really muddy, as is my drive.  The ground is still frozen 1/2 a foot or so down, so the melting snow just adds to the quagmire, hence our fifth season - mud season, the week or two between the melting of the last snow (no more insulation for the frozen ground) and the final melting of the frost layer that holds the water close to the surface.  This is when I to my "final puttering" with the Dodge in anticipation of that first spin.  Also our traditional "social distancing", I'm in the shop, the missus is in the house, so nothing new to us ;)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, keithb7 said:

I am starting to go a little squirrely here today. 

If the weather is good tomorrow I plan to go for a cruise.

Well tomorrow arrived. Mother nature had different plans in mind for me today. 

2F15CC2A-8F40-42D2-B266-70ADCD235668.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Perfect drifting conditions and I ain't talking snow.

Took the Cambridge out today, had to ship my work laptop off for some IT cuddling. 

Last night someone knocked on my door.  A couple of guys saw the Plymouth and wanted to talk, spent an hour BS'ing with them.  One of the guy had a 51 Chevy Bel Air.  He brought it by today.  If ever there was a long lost brother to my Plymouth it was that car.  Same colors inside and out.  It was neat having both of them in my driveway.   Wish I would of thought to take a picture.  Oh well, I'll get it later.   We were talking and he mentioned his headlights are real dim and he doesn't drive it at night, this was after I showed him the LED headlights on my 51.  He's got T3's on it and IIRC they are 12v bulbs.  I told him he could have my old 6v headlamps, when I find them, lol.  I don't think I tossed them but I could have.

Edited by Sniper
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I had my 1937 Chrysler out today for a cruise...got a little mud on the tires.?

952052781_ChryslerOilProduction.jpg.60f5e85a4c861ced9a8a361e978b02c0.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, T120 said:

I had my 1937 Chrysler out today for a cruise...got a little mud on the tires.?

952052781_ChryslerOilProduction.jpg.60f5e85a4c861ced9a8a361e978b02c0.jpg

Ralph your '37 Chrysler could easily be mistaken for my 38 Plymouth. So very similar looking. Assume you have the front window that pops open?

What size engine? 3 Speed? I've love to see your car appear more often on this site! ;)

IMG_5511.jpg