Travels with Betsy

tom'sB2B

I have had this car for a couple years now. I'm finally in a spot where I feel comfortable in taking it on some distance drives. I rebuilt the engine 

In addition, I've added a 6 volt alternator and electric fuel pump to make things more reliable. Saturday we drove up to Half Moon Bay. Round trip was about 112 miles. This was a shake-down for my drive to the famous Clements Dodge truck BBQ. Average speed was around 58 mph. Got between 14-15 mpg. Drove great. No  major problems. In time, I would like to use this thread to show my further exploits with this old lady.

IMG_20200321_141359_copy_3024x2268.jpg

IMG_20200321_141437_copy_2268x3024.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, tom'sB2B said:

I have had this car for a couple years now. I'm finally in a spot where I feel comfortable in taking it on some distance drives. I rebuilt the engine 

In addition, I've added a 6 volt alternator and electric fuel pump to make things more reliable. Saturday we drove up to Half Moon Bay. Round trip was about 112 miles. This was a shake-down for my drive to the famous Clements Dodge truck BBQ. Average speed was around 58 mph. Got between 14-15 mpg. Drove great. No  major problems. In time, I would like to use this thread to show my further exploits with this old lady.

IMG_20200321_141359_copy_3024x2268.jpg

IMG_20200321_141437_copy_2268x3024.jpg

Looking good man!?

Any time you get together with Betsy we want to hear about it ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ernie Baily said:

I love your Car! Nice road trip! I might have to do the same with my 48 Plymouth! Where abouts do you live, I 'm in Simi Valley.

My 48 Plymouth.jpg

Your car is beautiful. I live near Santa Cruz.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, pflaming said:

You and others with ‘50’s cars should meet in downtown San Francisco’s empty streets and take some Once in a lifetime photos! 

And then we could race each other up Hyde St!

1 hour ago, The Oil Soup said:

I'm getting ready to assemble my 230 and also have a George Asche dual 1bbl intake and split exhaust manifold, do you have any pointers and how does it perform compared to the previous engine?

Hard to compare. The original was worn down and burning oil. It may be allusionary, but it seems to have more acceleration and plenty of pedal when I choose to push it. On my 1st long trip (100mls), I got about 15 mpg, but I think it could preform much better. It still seems to run a little rich.

I do wish I would have drilled and tapped a port in the intake to run a vacuum gauge.

• 2 months later...