Top 5 Favorite Movies

hi_volt

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 3:56 PM, hi_volt said:

It's been a while since I've been in a theater as well.  Back when I has a kid, you could go to the local movie theater on Saturday afternoon and see a double feature for $0.25 for a regular seat and $0.35 for a loge.  Extra credit....who remembers what a loge was?

Loge.  I've never been anywhere that had fancy enough theaters to have loge seating up front.  Box seats, seating areas separated from the "riff-raff" by railing, usually have extra room around the seats, and easier aisle access, too.  (That was a crossword answer a few days ago, I had to look it up.)  Although here in little old Houlton, the theater built in the '30s has balcony seating at the back.  Which is awful, by the way.  You can hear what the audience below is doing better than the movie.

High Sierra Humphrey Bogart

White Heat James Cagney

Blazing Saddles 

Young Frankenstein Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, tied with The Sting, and Raiders of the lost Ark

Honorable mention, Tarzan and his Mate, Ben Hur, The French Connection.

The Mysterions. Dumbest Japanese Sci Fi ever.