Seat mystery

bergy

Hi friends

following a previous post regarding seats for a 53 dodge b4.i took the advice and purchased a Dodge Durango second seat. Which included two separate seats and a flip down console.After comparing the seat to the frame-the seat was about 9 inches shorter in width. So my question is-did anyone else use this seat?2. If so did you cut the seat from the bottom front mounting rail and spread it out width- wise to compensate for the additional width needed. After reading this previous posts -I’ve. not seen anything  lately.. Thank you for reading.Anyfeed backseat  is appreciated.

Installing a new seat, I think you will want to remove the base from the floor of the cab. You also will need to reinforce the floor when you mount the new seat.

I read your post as you are trying to adapt the new seat to the old base?

I also need to choose a new seat, The original seat of my 49 b1b is 59" wide.

I recently ended up with a seat that came from some unknown Toyota truck, I thought it would be fine, turns out it is 49" wide and just wrong.

I do have it sitting in the cab temporarily, replacing the 5 gallon bucket I was using .... height is all wrong.

I am a shorter person, and the Toyota seat tracks, sitting on 4x4 wood blocks is only 12" tall to seat,  I feel like a kid trying to look out the windshield. While a guy 6'5" may think it is perfect.

If you can mock up a height that you like, know your width, then take your tape measure to the wrecking yard and pick one.

Right now I am leaning to dodge mini van front bucket seats with arm rest and build a console. My wifes dodge mini van is very comfortable, the seats sit on pedestals and seat is 16" off the floor.

Just saying is height along with width.

I used Mustang buckets in my B3b and when positioning them I set them on blocks, adjusting height and base angle to where I was most comfortable and then built my own risers.  I'd suggest doing the same with your Durango seat combo.  Move it around, up, down, or sideways to where it's most comfortable for you as the driver.  You may find the 4 1/2 inch per side difference won't matter.  If it's offset more to the driver's side and that's where it fits you best, you may have to adjust the center width to even things out.