Todd B

Coronavirus

I needed a good laugh lately. This got me there. Every home knuckle buster home mechanic has been there! LOL.

Edited by keithb7

lots of fishermen move when another boat comes into their area to protect their fishing hole so to speak and state passing by the other fishermen, good luck...we have not  had a bite since we got here...going to try another spot.....all the time the fish finder is lighting up like a Christmas tree with activity.....or something like " I heard banjo music over d'here "

No boating here as D of F&G has closed the lakes. I guess they don't want to rescue drowning virus cases? Afraid to police poachers? 

Yesterday I told my wife I'd made an offer to buy a car, and she should drive me to get it tomorrow.

She wasn't enthusiastic.

Then I told her it has owned by a doctor resident at UCLA medical center.

Sparks shot out of her ears and set the curtains on fire.

I decided to buy something else . . .

Asbestos!

No I put in a bid on a fiberglass kit car. Really a glorified rag top dune buggy for the street.

It's in so Carolina so I'll have to ship it.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:52 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

you know when this gets serious...only when Wal_mart will close....

looking online to see if a local retailer has a product in stock I can use....Tractor Supply....they have a online notice to customer concerning this virus and their actions....little common sense in action.

Seems to be in very short supply especially as of late.

Over 40 people have died with in 8 miles of me...I wear a N95  mask and gloves and have 91% spray bottles... I stay home except on my Elder out day. 1 day out once a week.

I need to live.

Too many deaths around this county.

Look back to 1918.

Our small town(less than 25,000) is supposed to have about 25 known cases. The keyword is known. Halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee it is coming. I don't go out much unless I really have to and when I do the sanitiser comes with.  Haven't gone the mask and gloves route but see many who have.  As long as the water flows and the power stays on I have enough other supplies to last till July. So not panicked but concerned describes me.

So, got notice last night that my hours are reduced at work 20% along with the same amount in pay reduction for at LEAST the next 3 months, likely 6, no raise from last year and somewhere in there we will have layoffs for sure....guess it's not spending money on anything 'cept survival stuff for the foreseeable future.  No working on TODD, no furniture projects, no property/home improvements...heck I expect to be told this weekend that we can't drive anywhere either.    DANGIT, I should be at Tim's Q this weekend.   :(

23 hours ago, Todd B said:

So was he in a separate boat then???

Nah, we were in the same canoe.  Apparently,  I made the lake a little tight, the addition of two more boats made it crowded...  We didn't move, though.  Didn't bother me, just him, and it was my canoe.

Lots of deaths tolling up lately. I saw this morning, 6,000 Covid-19 related deaths in the US alone. That's quite a number that will only grow much more yet. I am saddened, thinking about all the people who died in isolation, without any family around them. 

I too am hearing rumours about employees about to be effected by reductions at my work.  It's coming. Unofficial yet, but where there's smoke... I must get back out in the garage today and put some hours into my old car. I feel a lot better when my thoughts are consumed by a more positive topic.

13 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

So, got notice last night that my hours are reduced at work 20% along with the same amount in pay reduction for at LEAST the next 3 months, likely 6, no raise from last year and somewhere in there we will have layoffs for sure....guess it's not spending money on anything 'cept survival stuff for the foreseeable future.  No working on TODD, no furniture projects, no property/home improvements...heck I expect to be told this weekend that we can't drive anywhere either.    DANGIT, I should be at Tim's Q this weekend.   :(

Can’t you build furniture to sell. 

22 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

Over 40 people have died with in 8 miles of me...I wear a N95  mask and gloves and have 91% spray bottles... I stay home except on my Elder out day. 1 day out once a week.

I need to live.

Too many deaths around this county.

Look back to 1918.

Dang Rob, your one of the smartest and healthiest guys I know (of any age! )

keep doing what your doing..... before you know it, this will be over and I’ll be inviting myself over again LOL

Gee Brent...☺️    wait a minute...........?

Alright.....whaddya ya want?

Well, Aroostook county finally has one case of COVID-19 confirmed in Houlton.  Kind of a relief that it's finally here so it can run  its course, although they do know it came from out of the area, it took them 4 days to confirm it.  The County is at the bottom of the State's priority list for test kits, due to lack of population density and cases they say.  I guess now we find out if a small spread-out town (@ 6K population) is good or bad for communicable diseases.  We live in Ludlow (not the same Ludlow as in "Pet Semetary"), but Houlton is where we have to do our stuff.  Population of Ludlow is 400, and there are no businesses other than a cedar log home company. 

Edited by Dan Hiebert

On 3/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, Dodgeb4ya said:

Don't let the government see that.

They might put that system on everyone's homes to slow the CV19 spread even more.😂

That's pretty cool Brent.

But now you just lost 100 walking steps..🐓

"Lost" ????? Have you seen his legs? Pretty sure he's stolen a 1000 of my steps just last year!! :D

48Dsteps

Yep...

For sure..

That boy Brent's got the stride🏃‍♂️

"What working from home" might look like in 2020, for a vintage car nut:

Boss: Send me your updated quarterly sale projections by the end of the week.

You: Although future prospects seem grim due to recent trends around Covid-19,  (car shows are cancelled everywhere) material supply and inventory is very good. (auto parts stores and on-line parts sales are doing well supplying me with what I need for  my '38 sedan work). The bucket of available labor resources is very good (I  have lots of free time to wrench at home). Multi-tasking (scanning your work emails occasionally while in the garage) is the new normal. Networking (visiting social forums like this one often) is proving to build future sales opportunities. (I met a guy with a core flat head V8 he'll sell and ship to me in September). Available bandwith remains constant across all swimlanes. (no matter which car I work on, it's awesome, I have all the time I need right now). Forward trending accounts payable, at this point is consistent (I've been ordering parts using my hidden Paypal balance, wife has no idea) However will likely tighten, as outstanding balances creep up 90 days out. (I'm going to have to get really creative when my hidden cash is all used up. Perhaps I can sell that spare 350 SBC I have out back of the barn). Health and safety objections for the quarter are on target. (I've only smashed a finger on one hand with a hammer, and had a jack stand fall over but the brake drum missed my foot. I've not lost any wrenching time yet!) In summary 2nd quarter growth will be slight stunted, however on par with previous running 12. I'm expecting we will retain what we've won in Q4 19 as slow and steady wins the race. (I really hope to have the car out cruising by July. If this keeps up, I should be done by then)

Only one death in our county so far reported: a very old woman with very poor health.

Fresno county is about the size of Massachusetts but 1/7 the population: just under 1 million people.

(Not counting an estimated 85k illegals living here unbeknownst.)

So it's spreading slowly here, with only 200 confirmed cases in 1,080,000.  That's 1 in 5400.

Yesterday I turned 65, but no party with my family (and our 7 germ packin' grandkids!)

Instead we drove up to the headwaters of Pine Flat reservoir for a quiet picnic on the stream.

20200404_132436.jpg.0391de9116bff30cefa732514c197a64.jpg

A few folks fished from the shore, but the "improved" public areas and boat ramps were all closed. We left the boat home ;( and did not fish.

20200404_140336.jpg.11a413a06fb4ef9ecb70ae67c930d2d9.jpg

Many streams like this feed this lake.

BTW, I won the auction for the SS100 replicar, but while we were out I missed the delivery of my title. Now I must go to the post office (!) in mask and gloves like a bandit.

This is not the best equipped car, but it has under 400 miles since built. Since it is not a Plymouth, I won't post much about it here.

ss.png.f6ad48924933c36bb94a02c1e77a973a.png

I may ditch the chrome cat, because a Swallow Sidecar 100 wasn't a Jag (yet) and the SS insignia was only dropped because of WW2.

It should have a ball-end wingnut on the radiator cap. It should also be 9" longer, 2" taller, and 2" narrower and be hand-bashed aluminum bodied.

But we can't have everything, sooo... This is based on a '73 Beetle.

Strangely, I was building engines in a VW shop in 1973.

The '73 beetle was considered one of the best, due to electrical problems with later VWs.

Yet imagine this with a small modern turbo hyabusa 1300 in the back . . .

1500cc.jpg.9c5f5e2b7e876b68d151f4693543191b.jpg

LOL...maybe not.🤣

When the VW engine gets tired I may pull it and convert this to an electric runabout. When a trip is too short to warm up an engine properly and drive out the moisture, take the electric car.

I don't want a silent car though, so it might have a 15" JBL hidden in the grille with real vroom sounds on demand. Right now it has a bulb horn!

Anyhow I bought this after my disappointment at not buying Mrwrstory's car. I was too slow getting the money, plus my wife was freaking out about going to SoCal. Plus I ALWAYS hate going to SoCal. I drove and flew there too many times on business over the past 45 years, and it depresses me like a tombstone.

It was only half as expensive as Story's hotrod P15, and I'm really going to like it (at least half as much.)

But in the act of trying to buy his car (and others) and this one too, I became aware of not only my desire to put off building my own hotrod P15 (still need a new workshed . . .)

while I play with a shiny new toy (instead of building the shed) and the hope that the market will pop back up (so I will feel comfortable about the shed $$$$.)

Stay safe fellows, and live this life while it's currently available. :D

I happen to have several of these who come on my birthday.

grandgirls.jpg.6bc55e4d3902ce7eb7b01fc062a6823c.jpg

Though they have grown larger, they still all come to bring me presents and cake.

But we canceled that party too this year. ;(

Ulu, yes, we are fortunate to live in rural California. I’m 30 miles south. I’ve never been to those head waters, but now will.  The mighty Kings River is the primary source of water for that Reservoir. 

3B4F88A0-5128-4F5D-8A0C-E02E391C746E.jpeg

5 hours ago, Ulu said:

I happen to have several of these who come on my birthday.

grandgirls.jpg.6bc55e4d3902ce7eb7b01fc062a6823c.jpg

Though they have grown larger, they still all come to bring me presents and cake.

But we canceled that party too this year. ;(

You...Sir...will need more guns/knives/clubs/etc.(your preference), to keep the heathens at bay!  What a beautiful bunch!