Key Blanks

1947coupe

Hello and welcome. I spotted these blanks on ebay. A little pricey but looks like they will work fine. Good luck.

John R

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-BRIGGS-DPCD-KEY-BLANKS-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-CHRYSLER-Y127-Y128-1939-1948-ALUMINUM/171980410187?epid=1678192155&hash=item280ad4cd4b:g:e48AAOSwgDRZc9h7

• 2 weeks later...

I would take them to a locksmith, I wouldn't trust the big box stores with valuable blanks.....

A well-stocked local locksmith had generic blanks for my P15 and cut an extra set of keys for $10.

Edited by Sam Buchanan

I got some DPCD key blanks for my truck a few years ago. I was able to have my local True Value Hardware store grind them for me. They warned me that if the key grind didn't come out perfect, and they didn't work right, they wouldn't be able to compensate me, or correct it. I trusted them, based on earlier key replacements, and told them I wouldn't hold them liable. They've been working fine, and I'm happy.

Many places don't want to cut any keys that weren't purchased from them. That's one advantage of smaller town hardware stores where they know you.

What span of years was the same key blank used?  I've misplaced it over the years, but I had keyed my ignition to the same key as from my then driver, a 72 Dodge Coronet.  Maybe I forgot, and gave up all of the keys for it when I sold the Coronet in 85.  (The Plymouth has been in storage since 1980.)