Fairly inexpensive items to display in your trunk.

BobT-47P15

I have always liked to display some things in the trunk of the Plymouth that are fairly period correct....and show goers often seem to get

a kick out of seeing them.  Brings back memories.  You can often find usable stuff at rummage or yard sales.  Some in good shape...some

things need a bit of sprucing up.  Flea markets tend to charge a bit more for stuff, but they sometimes have cool things.  Boils down to what do 

you happen to like.  Thought I would toss out pics of some of my "knick knacks" as food for thought.  

000_0162.jpg000_0163.jpg

IM004424.jpg

100_8498.jpg

• Like 5

Old tool box. Check

Metal wood grain picnic hamper. Check

40s Cardboard Suitcase, Check

50s Coleman camp stove Check

Vintage fishing tackle box with old lures and poles Check

Fuller brush salesman's sample board with cleaning implements and chemicals Check

1956 ElecrroLux Bullet style vacuum cleaner with hose and accessories, Check

Some trunk junk.

20190822_092034.jpeg

• Like 1

I use the car jack to hang a poster on it with some of these fotos https://p15-d24.com/profile/379-go-fleiter/?tab=field_core_pfield_18

1684099267_PL_Dren1KL.jpg.970d0b11cc9a46c2418cd3da29ebe77e.jpg

My Europe map is frequently studied by visitors:

709062302_PL_Prsentation-10c.jpg.0b6466396d19505fb5915c883490e080.jpg

This Coke Cooler once hat to carry temperature sensitive medicine ampuls for my late first wife,.

We put those into a thermos jug filled with crushed ice and the jug into the coller box, filled with crushed ice too.

2 thermometers gave us information from the insides of both box and jug. Jug was maintained below 32 deg. F (=0 deg. C)

for ~ 35 hrs in summer. Now it holds caps, gloves, shawls and glasses.

ColaBox1tmp.jpg.fc913abb71afd5a9760dd84cc18f2302.jpg

The backseat holds cheap decorations, the Bush radio is an imitation.

44769510_PL_RcksitzDekoKlein.jpg.80ff87cc90e36dee5aae12d44ad6c865.jpg

My wife found these Samsonites: when travelling, we use them to carry our things..With a very special arrangement, the all fit the trunk.

01d.jpg.35b7ca5d7a21cb6ca2e77ea62f01f5a9.jpg

Greeetings from Düsseldorf!

Go

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Go Fleiter said:

I use the car jack to hang a poster on it with some of these fotos https://p15-d24.com/profile/379-go-fleiter/?tab=field_core_pfield_18

1684099267_PL_Dren1KL.jpg.970d0b11cc9a46c2418cd3da29ebe77e.jpg

Greeetings from Düsseldorf!

Go

Love your convert! Looks like a 51? There are 2 51s and until recently a 52 in our local plymouth club chapter. 

Mark D.  It is a resin model sold by a guy on the net....will have to look for a name.  You have to get tires and other parts from an AMT model kit. I think it cost about $50 being a bit unusual.  You have to paint, etc just like a model kit.

• Like 1

http://www.resinrealm.net/GALLERIES/RRGallery/index.html

Mark D.  I looked on the internet and found one name I recall from the past....R and R....who makes many plastic bodys.  Many come with certain parts, but buyer still

has to supply some things.  Click on link above.  I only saw a 48 P15 biz coupe and a 48 P15 woody wagon model.....no convertible.  What I had planned to do was make the biz coupe into a convertible -- but then someone came out with the ragtop.  So far, I have not seen the convert model.  A person might try contacting one of those companies direct if interested in the

convert model.    They refer to them as resin model kits.

• Like 1

R and R Resins. Index on the web. I think now you have to buy the coupe and make your own vert.  Then mount the body on an AMT 41 coupe kit frame and use the interior and other pieces to finish.

Edited by greg g

R & R made quite a few resin conversion kits, most needed to use the AMT 1941 Plymouth Coupe plastic kit which has the only plastic mopar side valve 6, other than the MPC 33 Chrysler Roadster and Dual Cowl Phaeton there are no plastic mopar kits till you get to the Moebius 1955 & 1956 Chrysler 300's that came out about 6-7 years ago...........I have a resin 1950 Plymouth 2 dr Sedan and a resin 1956 Plymouth Savoy 4dr Wagon.....both are what would be called curbside models with a basic detailed flat chassis plate, interior tub and front grille, bumpers and lights..........a good place to chase up both out of production and current plastic and resin models and kits is Spotlight Hobbies in Grand Rapids, Michigan.......www.spotlighthobbies.com ..............I used to have my own hobby shop, Scale Automobilia from 1996 to 2016 and can recommend Spotlight Hobbies........Andy Douglas