Charging Issues

Brian Coleman

Ever play "Beer Hunter"?  Place a six pack, with one can vigorously shaken, in the fridge....I think you can see where this is going....

BTW - you have two nice lookin' rides there!

All righty then,,,,,,,,   Heres is what I have learned and done to the old Plymouth.  I basically started over with the whole charging system.  What I found out was that it would charge sometimes and then not the other time.  I took the generator out and apart.  Ohmed the armature and at that time I learned the armatuer was shorted to the shaft.  Got me a used arm. and installed new brushes.  Took arm. and regulator to a man who can run them on his bench and adjust the regulator.  Brought back home,,,,,,, installed and it now runs and charges, and runs without batt. cable.  Everything looks proper now.      EXCEPT the needle is on the wrong side of the ammeter.   Soooooo I went out cruising with no issues at all.   Tonight I am going to stand on my head and switch back the wires on the ammeter that whoever had this thing all messed up.  The thing is so good that the horn got louder, lights got brighter, turns over quicker.

I think I may have even gotten FM on my AM radio     OK maybe not

I wish to thank everyone

Brian

• Like 3

On 3/7/2020 at 10:07 AM, RNR1957NYer said:

Ever play "Beer Hunter"?  Place a six pack, with one can vigorously shaken, in the fridge....I think you can see where this is going....

BTW - you have two nice lookin' rides there!

yes a pissed off wife who has to clean stinking filthy beer off everything in the kitchen....lol

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...