Generator

DJK

if you had the model numbers listed instead of part number I could look them up...I do not have output/capacity specs by part#....only by model...where model is not the year car but the model # as found on the data tag attached to the component

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

if a GGW then 6001k is DODGE application...51-53 and also the same as the Plymouth 1950-55  there is no -K for a Chrysler or DeSoto of the era.   I cannot find any data on a -C except some possible reference as this is the pulley size and one that states it was a truck model with a 40 amp out instead of the 45 amp out.  My book has no truck data....sorry this may be of little help to you.  

It does show 40 in the lower left of the red tag. My local rebuild shop says it should be OK????!!!!!! The guy wants $50 for it, it's painted black and looks good, but that is all I know about it.

Thank you for all your help.

I would not rule out the pulley size as a suffix issue...if you go with this unit, I would look close to that aspect as an issue.  Maybe the local shop has an answer for that, it has come up before but never defined as best I know...my books do not state the suffix code meaning...nor can I find it on an internet search...sure there is a table for this....but where ???????

DJK,

This may or may not help. My genny had a bad armature. I bought another off ebay. Same kind but the suffix number was different (old one GDZ-4801a, new one GDZ-4801b I think). Got it and the pulley was different so swapped with mine. Installed in the car and the alignment was off. My old one had the pulley at the 10:00 position to install belt and 12:00 to tighten and run (view from the front to back). The new one was at like the 8:00 position to install and 10:00 to tighten so the genny was against the block. The solution I used was to use the end caps from the old genny and the new armature and body from the new genny. If you look on the body of the genny where the end caps go on there is a guide pin for the end cap alignment and guide hole in the end caps. I guess this is for different installs depending on where the genny mounts on different vehicles. Anywho, hope this helps.

Joe Lee