Corvette style master cylinder

48ply1stcar

Lately I've been giving some thought about mounting a Corvette Master Cylinder behind the original master cylinder like Robert Horne and others.  Additionaly adding a remote fill and the all of the necessary valves.

5926c0fb55a92_brakes48.jpg.a154503d651653bad329baf39bd50715.jpg

remote fill.PNG

Edited by 48ply1stcar
  • Like 1

I'm thinking about installing a GM style dual Master Cylinder behind the original MC under the floor of my 48 Plymouth. This has been done by many. Gutting the old MC and using a long push rod to the new MC. I asking what size diameter bore should I use with S-10 front calipers (2.5 inch bore) and 2000 Cherokee rear brakes (7/8 inch bore)

disc drum MC.JPG

Edited by 48ply1stcar

I have this setup, albeit with a custom frame bracket that eliminates the original master cylinder.

If you have manual brakes I would suggest that you use the 1" bore MC.

The 1 1/8" (1.125) bore is better suited for use with power brakes.

PS I was not impressed with the quality of the remote fill kits available. On my 47 Plymouth there is enough room between the bottom of the floorboard and the to of the MC to allow me to check and fill the MC when necessary.

Good luck!

38 minutes ago, 48ply1stcar said:

kbuhagiar do you have the eci with their remote?

I guess you're paying $350 for the bracket and their idea.  I may end up going that way, I just have convince myself it's worth the convenience. 

I bought the Plymouth in 2008 and it was equipped this way when I got it. I entertained the notion of a remote fill upgrade over the years, but was never impressed with what was available. I have no idea where my bracket came from, but it is a solid well-engineered product that does the job well.

Edited by kbuhagiar
  • Thanks 1