318 Poly valve covers

kruzer

I am trying to find custom valve covers for a '62 to '65 318 Polysphere engine.  I had ordered the ones from CP magazine a few months ago.  But, they called and said they ran out of their newest production of them after waiting a few  months for them.  Any one know of another place to get them? Or, possibly some older ones in good condition for sale?  I have a '62 engine, .060 overbored, '63 heads, mild cam, and a Edelbrock 3 duece intake I am using in the current mild custom I am building.  

The CP ones were made in Australia by Fountain IIRC, I think they are not longer made.  You could try to email them polymuscle318@hotmail.com but that address is pretty old, not sure it's still valid.

Edelbrock made some cast aluminum ones years ago, no longer made.

So the only suggestion I have is to keep an eye on Ebay if anyone lists a set.

The Chrysler Power magazine was having them made. But,I placed and order for them along with the payment and waited.  Someone from CP called and said they ran out of them because the company making them did not make enough.  So, now I am trying to find some again.  The ones they were having made looked like very good quality and that is why I ordered them.. They messaged me this morning and said they are looking for a new manufacturing company since the previous one didn't make the quantity that CP had ordered. CP said they would let me know when that would happen. But, I don't really want to wait forever either. So, if someone knows of some available, please let me know.   Thank you

I have a set of Edelbrock finned covers on my 318 poly, have had them since the mid 70's, engine has been in the 40 dodge since 1973, Wieand 7503 single 4 intake, 600 Holley, Twin point Mallory, mild cam and balanced......back in the 70's I ran a factory 1957/58 twin 4 cast iron intake with the WCFB's then installed a pair of Offy adaptors and ran a pair of 600 Holleys as a cross ram, big cam etc..........lol then installed the single 4 intake and its had that since, the pic with the finned aircleaner is its current appearance ..................Alan and Craig Fountain have made alloy finned rocker covers here in Oz for maybe 10 years....I was aware of the CP ones but didn't know that they were supposedly made by the Fountains........I'll see if I can find a phone number for the Fountains.........Kruzer.... is Chrysler Power magazine still published?.it stopped being available here in Oz about 12 months ago..............Andy Douglas 

P1010267.JPG

P1000806 (800x600).jpg

Andys318Poly.jpg

Hello Andydodge!  Nice to hear from you.  Saw the pictures you sent. That Poly LOOKS GREAT with those valve covers. That's why I am looking for some.  Thanks for the pictures.  CP magazine is still being printed.  I have a 2 year subscription and have about a year left.  When I get my project to where it's worth looking at I'll send you some pictures. I'm doing it as a mild '60's custom.  Until then have a good day.

Kruzer.........have you tried dealing with CP?...........I was interested in getting an air gap poly intake but was given 3 different prices so I baulked at doing business with them..........have you had better success?...........andyd  

Hi Andyd---The only thing I have tried to get was the valve covers. They was having a special $100 off in November so I jumped on it.  After a month of waiting I wrote about the status of them and they said they were at the machine shop and delivery would be in about 2 weeks.  Now, 2 months later I get a call saying the manufacturer didn't make enough of them so I lost out. They tell me they are looking for another manufacturer. In the current Mar/Apr  CP magazine the Dual Plane - Wind Tunnel intake manifold is listed as $699,  Plus shipping.  Andyd, would you be interested in my past Chrysler Power magazines?  I will have to check on the shipping to you, but other wise you can have them.  I was going to put them on a garage sale this spring, but you can have them instead.

Kruzer...yep I'd be interested in some of them although I do have a few myself.............can you PM your phone number or email me on scaleautomobilia@hotkey.net.au. and best time to call & I'll give you a call.........I'm trying to find the Fountains contact number as they live a few hours from me and I'll check re the rocker cover situation for you............also have attached a pic of a 1/25th scale poly I mastered and had cast up when I had my hobby shop a few years ago, unfortunately don't have any left...........andyd

polysphereresinv8.jpg

Edited by Andydodge
more info

They advertise in the magazine for $399.00. But, in December they had a special at $100.00 off ($200.00). So, I ordered right away. After waiting all this time they called and said the manufacturer they had didn't make enough for all of their orders.  The other day I received a check reimbersing me. They told me they are trying to find a new place to make them.  Now I have to try and find some. Big swap meet here this Sunday, maybe I'll get lucky.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've just gotten off the phone with Alan Fountain and YES they still do the finned rocker covers and YES they DO have some in stock...........the price is $280 Aus a pair plus shipping and they are NOT polished..........with the Oz dollar being about 65cents to the US dollar the US price would be about $185 US but the final price would depend on the exchange rate and then you add shipping...........they don't get them polished anymore, but you'd be able to get that done cheaper in the US anyway..........Alan Fountains email is  hotstude49@hotmail.com .........am thinking about getting a pair myself even tho I don't really need them...........lol............trust this helps.........Andy Douglas 

Thanks AndyD.  I live about the middle of the good ol' USA, in the state of Nebraska.  The shipping would probably kill me. Is there a way you can get an estimate for me?  Also, I am going to look up the CP magazines and let you know what I have.  Talk to you later.

Kruzer, honestly the best thing would be to email Al Fountain, mention that you were one of the guys chasing the Poly Covers that I was talking to him about and he should be able to give you a close figure....remember that the prices quoted are in Oz dollars and the US dollar is about 65-70 % of that, ie, much less so I'd contact Al direct.....he is a long time hotrodder and has been dealing with this sort of thing for years............andyd