Another,....anyone use?

mrwrstory

Anyone use any of the oil additives that claim "improved seal sealing"?  I installed a Mopar crate motor in my P15 and figured I'd treat it to "blended high zinc diesel oil" aka Rotella.  The stuff is so slippery that the main seal can not do its' job.  After 40K miles I have switched to conventional oil, 10W-30 but it still leaks like a sieve.  Engine runs great and does not burn any oil,....just leaves the puddle in my garage.  Never tried any of the 'snake oil" solutions.  Any risk of damage or other complications.  I'm not ready to pull the engine for a new main seal.

Observations or experienced opinions welcome.

Crate motor should have a warranty that covers oil leaks from factory installed seals.  IMO, you don't have an oil problem, you have a seal problem.  The seal conditioners sometimes work on older seals that have hardened.  Most of them have some ingredient that attacks rubber and softens it.  Probably would do the same to a new, soft seal.  Just not sure what the results are.  Back in the day, brake fluid was the 'seal fix' of choice of some mechanics. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tooljunkie said:

ATP AT-205. 
for almost any oil Filled system. 
used it in power  steering and transmissions with good success. 
if i recall it can be used in crankcases as well. 

I used this on my 52's engine for a main leak and although it did not stop it it did reduce it considerably