D24 firewall tags...

Ed-D24

I am restoring a 1948 Dodge D24 and have a firewall plate that is blank (after being cleaned). I want to know what information would be on this plate, so I can recreate it.

The upper plate in the photo (not yet attached to the firewall) is the one I would like to put some information on (rather that just being a 'plain' metal plate). The lower plate is the serial number.

I actually think that both of these would be black - is that correct? Should I paint these black and then have the engraved serial number on the one plate and 'some information' printed in white or silver on the other plate.

20200221_224103.jpg

Edited by Ed-D24

The top one is the Dodge builders plate, there is no vehicle specific information on that one.  It is primarily red as Hansen's photo shows.  The Plymouth Doctor makes nice reproductions of them for not much more than it would cost for you to restore one.  The circle is the Dodge Brother's emblem, which is kind of intricate.  The bottom number is the body number, not the serial number of the car.  Mine looks like yours, and I don't recall if/what color they are painted, someone else will have to chime in on that one.

Edited by Dan Hiebert
Typo

• 3 months later...