Small progress

DJK

Inhibited by 4 weeks of hernia recovery time, I am limited to lite duty repairs on the car. So far I have repaired and painted the steering wheel, installed period correct headlamp relay, repair LF +LR lower inner door panels, removed cluster to clean old black material from glass, disassembled dash lite dimmer to clean contacts, today I removed the fuel sender(was stuck on full) , removed rust, cleaned contact and siphoned fuel from tank, reinstalled sender, also removed R. t/l assembly to clean ground surface for proper operation. Baby steps until I get the OK to dive in!!!

• Like 1

Engine needs to be resealed(fr and rear crank seals), most likely clutch and will go through the transmission. Oh yeah,one of the drive shaft joint boot is torn. Would like to have modern cross u-joint type drive shaft!!!!!????

Update: slow week, removed both fr t/s assemblies to rewire and repair grounds, also removed both headlamp assemblies to check wiring and grounds. Attempted to remove floor panel to check out master cylinder, all the bolts holding it came out, but realized I needed to disconnect throttle linkage. didn't want to jack vehicle up yet.

• 1 month later...

4 weeks turned into 6 weeks of recovery as per Dr.'s orders. Back at it, removed front brakes today, honed wheel cylinders, cleaned up hubs and wheel bearings. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the rear brakes checked and get some parts ordered. After 45 yrs of working on rust bucket Nissans, it a pleasure to work on this almost 70 yr old car where so far everything comes apart!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Update: brakes are all done, fabricated a brake centering tool. Trans is out, inspected, new thrust washers, new gaskets and seals(including a Honda seal for the speedo pinion) also added a thin O ring between the speedo pinion and trans. Oil pan is off, cleaned inside and out, painted silver along w/ flywheel lower cover. Removed rear main cap, clutch and flywheel, took flywheel to machine shop for resurface, had it done by 4 this PM. Speaking of flywheel, what a pain to remove with engine in the vehicle(decided not to pull engine)!!!Include a picture of my painted axle remover and brake tool.IMG_4936.JPG.f92dfc12d14afdaf3b3c668f61a65c36.JPG