1933 Plymouth

Pompel

Hi,

I ran across a 1933 Plymouth code 455-65 in accordance to the current owner.

I have searched the internet for the meaning of code 455-65 but can't find any information.

Does anyone have some information about it?

That doesn't match any code I know about for 1933 Plymouths. The first part might have been a paint or trim code but the second part would also need to be a 3 digit number for that to make sense. Any idea where this code came from (plate on the car? parts book?, etc.)

Edit: The serial number plate should be on the right (passenger) side front door hinge post. The engine number should be on a raised boss on the block above the generator, it may also be stamped on the frame between the running board supports on the driver side. There is also a body number tag on the engine side of the firewall. All are different. See https://www.ply33.com/Misc/vin

Thanx for good information. I have investigated a bit more and the "Kode" is propably local DMV kode for type of car.

The serial number plate is not on the front door hinge post now. because it has been sandplastet. current owner is uncertain if he have it.

What does the registration paperwork show for the "VIN"? Sometimes these old cars were registered with the engine number, sometimes with the serial number. Engines were often swapped out, in your case the serial number plate is missing. If you acquire this car it will be very much easier for you if some official factory number on the car matches the paperwork.

2 hours ago, Pompel said:

For "VIN" it show #1814303

That is a serial number for a 1933 Plymouth PC. From my serial number look up:

Serial Number 1814303
Found in range 1759001 to 1817044
Serial 55303 of 58044
Year 1933
Make Plymouth
Model Name Six
Model Code PC
Plant Detroit
Engine 6 cylinder 189.8 cu.in. L-head
Wheelbase 107 inches

To the best of my knowledge, the only place that number appeared on the car was on the serial number tag on the door hinge post. If that tag is missing or looks altered, then you may have a very difficult time with your local motor vehicle department.