1939-47 WINDSHIELD FRAMES

I see that a couple outfits are now selling reproduced windshield frames for the 39-47 Dodge and Plymouth trucks. I'm always skeptical about reproduction stuff, but from the photos they look pretty good? Seems like it would be difficult to make one that fit like the originals? Anyone have any experience with these?

https://dcmclassics.com/glass-accessories/1083-gl-370-kit-windshield-frame-assembly-with-door-and-rear-glass.html?search_query=windshield&results=11

http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/srpm/1939-1947-dodge-truck-39-41-plymouth-truck-windshield-frame-painted-black-with-clear-glass-seals-40288bca4b105134014b5f820e6a1455-p.html

gl-370-kit-windshield-frame-assembly-with-door-and-rear-glass.jpg.png

1939-47DodgeTruckWindshieldFrame15-5-15.jpg

The DCM one looks like a correct replacement. The silver one you pictured appears to lack the multi rib detail of the OEM one. So far I've been lucky to find original frame so I haven't personally bought the DCM one but I've heard a couple guys have and they are happy with them. 

53 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

The DCM one looks like a correct replacement. The silver one you pictured appears to lack the multi rib detail of the OEM one. So far I've been lucky to find original frame so I haven't personally bought the DCM one but I've heard a couple guys have and they are happy with them. 

That's promising to hear Ed. I agree the DCM looks pretty good. I'm hoping I might see at least one installed before considering purchasing. I reworked the original on my truck and it looks great, but it was pretty rusty and on the occasions when I get caught in the rain rusty water leaks out and leaves streaks on my paint. I think it's a matter of time before the rust surfaces through to the outside of the frame. The oem frames are so difficult to find a good one and they usually want too much money for them. IF? the reproduction is as good as it looks, I don't think the price is unreasonable.

4 hours ago, PT81PlymouthPickup said:

That's promising to hear Ed. I agree the DCM looks pretty good. I'm hoping I might see at least one installed before considering purchasing. I reworked the original on my truck and it looks great, but it was pretty rusty and on the occasions when I get caught in the rain rusty water leaks out and leaves streaks on my paint. I think it's a matter of time before the rust surfaces through to the outside of the frame. The oem frames are so difficult to find a good one and they usually want too much money for them. IF? the reproduction is as good as it looks, I don't think the price is unreasonable.

Do you belong to the 39-47 google(formerly yahoo) group? I believe thats where a few have purchased I believe. I am lucky when I bought my truck I needed one and someone sent me 2 for $80! I also got one off this group from someone who found a completely trashed truck out in the desert. 

When I was assembling my frame and trimming the tape, it was evident that it would leak at the center. I took the glass out and reassembled the frame. Put it face down on cardboard and traced a vertical line around the frame of both windows. Then I added 1/4" more on the outside of that line. That was my pattern, and it beds the glass in the channel better.