Tubes/tubeless

MikeS

Tubeless if the tires are good with that and pit free rims....and good large style valve stems in the oval rim holes.

That is what I run in mine.

Steels stems work too.

If you do use tubes be sure to remove any debris or small stickers stuck to the inside of the tire or tube failure WILL happen.

I put tubeless bias ply on my '51 Dodge business coupe. I debated using tubes as well but the tire installer said if the tires are marked tubeless and the rims are good no need for tubes. It's been two years and I haven't added air yet.

On my '48 Dodge I used tubeless tires with tubes. I had a flat this year and the same installer said why are you using tubes? I had the tire fixed and reinstalled without a tube. No problems since. As long as the rims are good as mentioned above, I will not use tubes again.

You will need special valve stems as mentioned, but any decent tire place has them and they are inexpensive.