carpet question

Dartgame

I reached out to some of the auto carpet outfits and found that one is making carpet sets for 1952 Ply. 2 door club coupes, but not business coupes. 

My question is about the differences in the floors of club and business coupes. Obviously the bus coupe has a shorter floor section to be carpeted, but is the floor sheet metal the same as a club coupe ? Assuming it is then I should be able to buy a set for a club coupe and shorten it ?

No difference front seat.  I believe the bus coupe never had carpet but had rubber mats with in front and behind the seat.  I got some carpet for mine after my front mat disintegrated while putting in my OD.  Came from some place in NJ.  Fit is nothing to crow about.  They sent a piece that was supposed to fit behind but wasn't in the same zip code as far as fit.

Thanks - I looked at the Plymouth doctors website sheet metal floor pieces. The rear part seems similar for a portion of it, but there are kick ups (for lack of a better term) I assume for the frame rails in the bus coupe, not present in the 2 door club coupes which are flat. But these kickups are behind the trunk divider. I am thinking the 2 door club coupe carpet should work when cut off...anyone else ?

I would think that car had all rubber mats....front, rear and trunk.   But those mats seem pretty impossible to find.  

You can buy some roll rubber mat at Lowes I think that might work.  

Otherwise you may have to use carpet (probably black since a mat would have been black).  

You could have an upholstery shop make the carpets for a good fit.

I bought roll carpet for my '47 convert at an upholstery supply place and took it to my upholstery guy....paid him to do it up with edging, etc.

Came out good.  Did floors and trunk.    

In the final analysis.....you and a limited few Mopar experts will know if your floors are done just as original.  The general public at a show will

probably never even see your floors.   If they do they will not know about originality.  Just my two cents worth. 

Edited by BobT-47P15