Groundhog Day 2020

T120

The little fellow would certainly have seen his shadow here today in southern Alberta.A couple of inches of snow overnight,temperature around 32 F, no wind and a beautiful bright blue sky!

Warm here again today. Snow nearly all but gone.. I'm starting to think it could be a problem come summer time if the snowpack in the mountains is down too. Normally by now I have at least a few feet of snow on my lawn. Took the Chrysler out for a typical "April 1 type of cruise" yesterday. Weird, just weird.

I cruised the interstate at 75 with the window down in the truck, short sleeve shirt....nice, will drop some degrees tonight I am guessing, clear skies, lots of stars and half moon...no cloud cover at all.   Has been wet this winter, but the temps have been moderate for the most part.

That Jeep commercial was about the only one I liked during the game yesterday.

We've had a fairly mild winter here too. Only a few sub zero days so far, and not a lot of snow. We've got a few inches on the ground, but it was in the 40's this weekend and some melted down. The ice conditions on Lake Winnebago (largest inland lake in the state) are so bad that many ice fishing tournaments, and other on-ice lake activities, are being canceled this winter. Very unusual around here.

Edited by Merle Coggins

Supposed to be early spring here in southern Alberta. Can't be early enough as far as I'm concerned. If I never saw another snowflake as long as I live, it would still be too soon! Needless to say, I am not a winter person. My only consolation in winter is that I do have a heated garage.

Normal winter so far here in northern Maine, after Feb. 2, there are always at least six more weeks of winter, regardless of what the pudgy little marmot predicts...  I got a kick out of the GH Day Jeep commercial, too.