steering wheel color

DJK

The steering wheel on the 41 I had was painted an off white or cream colour and was a P15 wheel......... looked very nice.............andyd

IMG_1359.JPG

If your looking for off the shelf stuff, Rust-oleum makes two rattle can "Gloss Khaki" colors, one is "Gloss Protective Enamel" #249032 that is very close, maybe a shade lighter than the original postwar "taupe" color used for general interior parts on many Chrysler products, particularly Dodge.  They also make "Painter's Touch Ultra Cover" #249103 that is significantly lighter, and brighter than original.  I used the second to paint my steering wheel and a couple other parts.  I attached before and after photos to show the difference on the steering wheel, the paint on the "before" photo is original.

Before:

1866542595_SteeringWheelBefore.jpg.5c6fc5a305e2f9aca71dfd8ed1536108.jpg

After:

544825907_SteeringWheelAfter.jpg.6629e38adf930bf511bc341fe34f07b9.jpg

I don't have a good photo of either color actually in the car.  I can run out and shoot a few later if you're interested.  It's all of 10 degrees and windy out right now, and I really don't feel like making the dash between the house and shop just yet. 

that was quite a few cracks to repair, I just finished the repair and sand segment and sitting in primer a banjo wheel for a project I am working,   I assure you I know the work that you put into this.   For the record, I used PC7 epoxy.  I will shoot the top color a bit later when I get enough of the smaller interior parts that will be the secondary color to warrant catalyzing some color to spray.

If you wish a tad lighter brown and wish to go with bug bomb can, Rustoleum has Gloss Sand available....

15 hours ago, Andydodge said:

The steering wheel on the 41 I had was painted an off white or cream colour and was a P15 wheel......... looked very nice.............andyd

IMG_1359.JPG

Wonder how long it would take me to stop trying to find second gear with the turn signal stalk..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

probably just one good shove forward and upwards...the conversation in the car behind you as you try shifting on a bridge....where the hang is that guy going?...OR....what is that crazy person doing waving a small stick in the air....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Sam & Tim........once the turn signal stalk broke off you'd be o/k.........lol.........I still miss the Plymouth, driving it was a completely different experience to the Dodge as the Plymouth had stock brakes & steering etc.........oh well..........andyd  

my Morris LCV is from New Zealand and was set up with turn signal to the right......icksnay on that....I am going good ole USA profiling.....going to be enough of a learning curve floor shifting with the left hand....also with less than what I call rear visability, my reverse camera will be on an override so I can status my 6 at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect job. It looks great! Colour just right! 

Also, thanks for posting an update of the finished project. A lot of times when people ask for help or advice, they fail to show the finished item if they actually did finish it. Really nice to see your end result.

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 1