Hello,

I am repairing the P.O's botch of a choke setup. The automatic choke wasnt working right, so they removed the heater line, plugged the carb and left the automatic choke installed without a gasket so they could turn it by hand! If youre going to do this, atleast add a cable setup. right??? 

anyways I fixed the heat risser, unplugged the carb, and hot air tube on my exhaust manifold

My question is, all of the choke setups like this that ive seen have had 1/8 pipe thread for the rod. mine just has a nippel (pictured below) 

how do I attach my new steel line from the carb to this?? Does it need to be a steel line? being that its connecting to the hot as all heck exhaust manifold I would think. 

Thanks

1580258118879661392131157192891.jpg

Most just use a tube that has a swedged end to fit into the manifold tube and provides  a shoulder to stop it.

Like the bottom tube in the pic on this auction:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Choke-Tube-Set-289-302-4V-Only-2-Pc-Om-1967-1968-Classic-Tube-MUK1005-OE/183969958374?hash=item2ad576c9e6:g:C40AAOSwzzNdi5nz

4 minutes ago, kencombs said:

Most just use a tube that has a swedged end to fit into the manifold tube and provides  a shoulder to stop it.

Like the bottom tube in the pic on this auction:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Choke-Tube-Set-289-302-4V-Only-2-Pc-Om-1967-1968-Classic-Tube-MUK1005-OE/183969958374?hash=item2ad576c9e6:g:C40AAOSwzzNdi5nz

Thank you soo much! that looks perfect