Lug centric or hub centric

bkahler

I plan on using the original 16" wheels on my B3B and with the Grand Cherokee axle.  In order to make up the 2" difference between the original axle vs the Jeep axle I'd like to use 1" wheel spacers on each side.

Are the original wheels lug or hub centric?

I'm betting lug centric :)

Thanks!

Brad 

I put a set of wheels on my 80 power wagon with oversize centres. 15 years or more ago. 
35x12.50 tires and ran a plow every winter. Zero issues. 

i just got 1.5”  spacers for the fargo for a couple reasons. To aid the  wheel centre fit over dust caps and to compensate for the new style offset 16” wheels. 

most wheels today in the aftermarket will have spigot rings to meet the specs of the car it is going on and also if  you into mix and match of the species...spigot rings are also available for this...….going up is possible...going down is not.....as in ford to Mopar...nix...Mopar to Ford, spigot ring....

I've been doing some calculations (yeah, that's dangerous!) between Rustyhope's front rotors and my original front drums.  I come up with a .78" difference between the two wheel mounting surfaces on each side.  In other words the Rustyhope kit provides a wider stance by .78" per side.  

Since I am buying wheel spacers/adapters so the Cherokee axle wheel placement will be at least the same as original I'm wondering if I should get 1-1/2" spacers instead of 1-1/4" spacers.  This would keep the wheel stance about the same per side only slightly wider overall.

Would there be any issues with fender clearance by adding 1/2" to the placement of the wheels in back to widen the stance to bring it closer to the front?

Thanks!

Brad

12 hours ago, Tooljunkie said:

As far as widening  wheel Stance, shouldnt affect anything. 
in the past the rear was typically narrower,maybe  the narrower track width had something to do with cornering. 
guys widen the  width on tractors to improve stability.

I've noticed that most if not all vehicles seem to have a slightly wider stance in front.  As you suggested it probably has something to do with stability and cornering.  

11 hours ago, JBNeal said:

On my '48 with 6.50-16 tires, there's about 3" from tire sidewall to rear fender, and about 5" from sidewall to front fender...

Like most things I was probably trying to over analyze the situation.  With that much clearance a 1/2" isn't going to be noticable let alone a problem.

I went ahead and ordered 1-1/2" spacers.  An inch to make up the difference between original and Cherokee axle and the extra 1/2 inch to come closer to the same relationship with the front wheels when using the Rustyhope kit.

Thanks for the measurements!

Brad