Fender Blankets

lepic56

this may suit your need...pricy, but it all is PAY TO PLAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Logo-Grip-Fender-Cover-22-x-34-non-slip-material/391714201742?hash=item5b33fc608e:g:DyAAAOSw32lYsHT1

my go to fender protector is a Summit Racing....Summit Racing SUM-3619 - Summit Racing® Fender Covers

Summit also has a host of brands/model on their website......

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DCurrent said:

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a welding blanket. Excellent for laying over the fenders to work on motor.

I caught Habba Fright's 40x72 moving blankets on sale for $3.99. Cut one in half and you have two perfectly-sized fender blankets. Keep another full-size one on hand for a quick slide under the car.    :)

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Sam Buchanan said:

I caught Habba Fright's 40x72 moving blankets on sale for $3.99. Cut one in half and you have two perfectly-sized fender blankets. Keep full-size one on hand for a quick slide under the car.    :)

I've got some of those but hadn't thought of cutting them in half.   I have considered attaching some of the no-slip sheet used on motor home shelves to the back.  The work ok as is but slide off the fender too easily.  Maybe spray both pieces with 3M super 77 glue?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kencombs said:

I've got some of those but hadn't thought of cutting them in half.   I have considered attaching some of the no-slip sheet used on motor home shelves to the back.  The work ok as is but slide off the fender too easily.  Maybe spray both pieces with 3M super 77 glue?

this is why I mint installed magnets in the blanket or some sort of  securing devise,   don,t know yet,, but the Moving Blanket are great idia.

17 minutes ago, kencombs said:

I use two small spring clamps to attach them to the fender at the hood line.

fender-blanket.jpg.8aaa87894db57230069a9fb7aea165e2.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

this may suit your need...pricy, but it all is PAY TO PLAY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Logo-Grip-Fender-Cover-22-x-34-non-slip-material/391714201742?hash=item5b33fc608e:g:DyAAAOSw32lYsHT1

my go to fender protector is a Summit Racing....Summit Racing SUM-3619 - Summit Racing® Fender Covers

Summit also has a host of brands/model on their website......

I just purchased a couple like this at Lowe’s that say Craftsman.  $4.99 each

After you get your blankets cut, sew 3 or four of those round magnets into the padding before you sew the cut sides back together.  Then take a good square on picture of your "Dodge" fender trim or the one on the dash board or you could do the fluid drive script from the trunk or bumper.  Blow up the picture to a nice size and take it to an place that does embroidery for uniforms, shop wear, and jackets and stuff.  Pick out thread that matches your car's color and have it stitched into the covers  Bingo!  Custom personalized fender covers. Make a nice trunk liner or back seat throw.

Edited by greg g
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

that is a good price....usually the avg. going lower end is 9.99 each.....

Still available...only 26" x 34"....might be a little small for our big ol' fenders....but a great price....a trip to Lowes tomorrow.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Automotive-Fender-Cover/1001345028

885911683432.jpg?size=xl

Edited by Sam Buchanan

14 hours ago, Sam Buchanan said:

Still available...only 26" x 34"....might be a little small for our big ol' fenders....but a great price....a trip to Lowes tomorrow.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-Automotive-Fender-Cover/1001345028

885911683432.jpg?size=xl

Just got back from Lowes, had to have one of these inexpensive fender covers. It is certainly priced right (clearance $4.99) but I find the moving blanket to be more comfortable when leaning on our large fenders. Spring clamps are still necessary to hold it securely in place on the big fenders, but it should work nicely on a modern car with narrow fenders. The ridges are designed to hold tools but after having a wrench slide off the fender and ricochet off the stainless grill trim ? I don't leave tools on a fender blanket.....(that dent was there when I bought the car....probably somebody else's tool....).

fender-blanket-2.jpg.a9f4a546b446f3135bb684a03316ce77.jpg

Edited by Sam Buchanan
  • Thanks 1

Yes,,,,,I have one of the nice black rubberized  (kinda expensive)  Logo fender covers for occasional use, plus a couple like the "Craftsman" item.

Was not aware of the Harbor Fright (er, Freight) pad.  Think I'll look into that......kind of a two-for-the-price-of-one deal when halved.

Another H F item I have found handy is their four wheel furniture dollies.....for rolling various sorts of containers or items around in the garage.  

Like most everything in the place, the dollies are run on sale from time to time.

Thanks for the info gents. 

• Like 1

the Lowes fender blankets are on clearance only and those folks that have a store discontinuing them, you golden, if your store still stock lists them, 19.95 and unfortunately, my stores local to me shows them stock listed....those would be a good swap meet snicky snack...oh well...move along Betty nothing to see here...

23 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

the Lowes fender blankets are on clearance only and those folks that have a store discontinuing them, you golden, if your store still stock lists them, 19.95 and unfortunately, my stores local to me shows them stock listed....those would be a good swap meet snicky snack...oh well...move along Betty nothing to see here...

My Lowe’s just got mine in that morning. They didn’t have a spot for it, and I snatched it up.  I asked the check out person to scan it for a price check, $4.99.  And I got my 10% veteran discount on top of that.

Came home and ordered 2 more on line, delivered to my store for free.  And I got them for $4.49 each as well.

“Edelbrock Racing” mats over here. I bought two of them. One for each side. It has a grippy back side that holds it in place very well.  The bolt-on front fender styling of pre 1942(?) allows for easy mat placement. I take the engine side-covers off and get great access. The fender mat works well as I place many tools on it. However it did take about three months for the chemicals used to make it, to flash off. It smelled, but its all good now. 

In BC Canada we have a chain of stores called KMS Tools. I bought the fender mats there. 

9B013FB7-487E-4924-AC95-C8737101E7AB.jpeg

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

I quite often just dust the fender and then wear an old pair of cotton sweat pants and an old cotton T-shirt. No need for anything else as everything is soft and fender is safe. Sometimes I will use a fender blanket if so inclined like when I change oil and might get a drop or two on the fender. Much easier then to wipe the fender blanket as it as it is plasticized on the outer side.

Edited by RobertKB
Spelling
  • Like 1