Northeast member check in please

greg g

Looking for who our northeast members are by general location (no home addresses)   can you check in with user name and where you reside.  Eastern Canada, NY, NJ, Pa, New England.  We are in our planning stages for our P15 Picnic Tour 2020 so we are wanting to keep folks posted who might be interested in participating in the event.  Dates are Sept 17 through 20, 2020 location RI and Massachusetts.you can also pm me or Mark Duggan with your email address and get included in group email announcements. 

Thanks

• Like 1

Greg, if you haven’t already, might be helpful to also put this request on the “NE club” 

page....... could be a handy way to assist in this announcement.

just a thought 

what a a cool event, wish I were closer  ?

• Like 1

Northern Maine, technically we're in New England, but still 300 miles east of New Hampshire.  I'd still be interested in what you'uns come up with.  Now that I'm gainfully unemployed, forays are much easier to venture out on. 

• Like 1

Hey all,

Just getting around to responding here.  Glad to see the early positive responses.  We had a fantastic time last year (and several years in the past) gathering a ragtag group of folks that have reported having a good time following us around New York and New England on our past tours.  This year we are really hopeful to up our participation and are planning a real cool itinerary for three days of fun and touring.  

I'd really appreciate it if you could all send me an email - mark@rdusaclassics.com - so I can add you to my email list.  Having a real gauge of participation will help us size the Friday / Saturday hotel appropriately.  As soon as we have some finalized plans are locked down I will send them out so folks can start planning.  In general you can expect the following;

Thursday Sep 17 - Muster point in or nearby Bolton Massachusetts for cars that want to arrive early. Lodging at our local Boxborough Host Hotel is nearby our planned first stop, clean, and not expensive.  https://www.boxbororegency.com  for those that want to get in Wednesday or sooner. Once we have folks collected, we will head to the Collings Foundation in Stow Massachusetts for a tour of their new museum, and potentially a tour of the owners personal multi-million dollar brass era collection.  After the tour we will drive secondary roads south about an hour to our weekend hotel and get situated.  We will be targeting a hotel location in the Fall River / New Bedford area of Massachusetts, but will adjust that based upon hotel negotiations and further tour stops.  Anyone wishing to arrive earlier in the week would be welcome, we can help facilitate local sights and services. 

Friday Sep 18 - We will start the day with breakfast at the hotel, and head off New Bedford at noon.  Friday afternoon we may try to organize a tour through the "cottages" of Newport Rhode Island.  We will reassemble at the hotel around 4:30 to greet new arrivals and kick off our PICNIC.  In true fashion we invite participants to bring a little something their home to share, we will facilitate with a BBQ grille, utensils, plates, cups etc.  Lawn chairs, Libations and good humor are a must.

Saturday Sep 19 -  After breakfast we will head to Battleship Cove and a self guided tour the USS Massachusetts in nearby Fall River MA.  Should make for a real nice backdrop if we are able to get the cars/owners lined up for a group photo.  We will reserve the afternoon for some driving in the picturesque town of New Bedford where our goal will be to see sights and potentially tour the whaling museum.  Early evening will find us headed to a local restaurant in hopes of tasting some of the local fare.  We will arrange for a group fixed price meal and hopefully get us all into one room.  Stay tuned for more info.  

Sunday Sep 20 - Sunday morning we will wrap up at the hotel and head our Plymouth's to Plymouth in hopes of gathering our cars at the 1620 rock for a memorable photo or two.  Plymouth recently enhanced their on street parking lot along the oceanfront and it is a handy walk to all the shops and tourist stuff along Water Street.  From this point the itinerary is turned back to our participants and you are free to tour the area and head home at will.  We expect to be wrapped up by noon, however local restaurants are plentiful and good.

So that's it for the moment - locals please chime in if there's a stop that we should consider along the route or potentiall pre/post tour. 

all the best, 

Mark

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to this.  I'm not going to be able to attend most of it, but I'm going to try.  I'd like my place to be a stopping point, maybe Sunday after all of it, or just if necessary for any repairs, or?? 

• Like 2

since I bought the Dodge  in october, I only have a few hundred miles done so far,  before it went to storage.. So  we have all summer to get ready,,   to check the car in different situation. like  high speed (60) and  in the Laurentian/Appalachian  mountains chain,,., If it does not work out,  we will used the Harley Motocycle or if bad weather we use GMC pick-up.. it is quite a trip  with the old girl..lol..350 miles one-way!!..  but we will give it a shot,  

Edited by lepic56
to be more precise
  • Like 1