2020 P 15 Picnic USA Version 2

greg g

Dates for this year's event Sept 17 through 20, 2020

Plymouths (and others) to Plymouth

Commemorare the 400th anniversary of the Pilgram's landing at Plymouth Rock

Touring Rhode Island and Southeast Massachusetts with stops at Museums, Battleship Massachusetts, historic sites like Mayflower replica, Plymouth Plantation

Enjoy a New England Shore dinner, quafe a couple craft brewed beverages, sneak in some antiquing.

Meet fellow car enthusiasts, see great cars, great places

Contact Mark Duggan through this web sites pm feature or at Mark@randdusaclassicscom to be placed on the event e mail list.  Lodging, itenerary and activities are being planned now.

A moderate per car registration fee will will be announced to help defray organizers expenses.

Consider joining in this year.  We had a great time last year. All Chrysler makes invited, other orphaned brands encouraged and welcomes.  It not just for P-15s anymore.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 3

Hey all,

Just getting around to responding here.  Glad to see the early positive responses.  We had a fantastic time last year (and several years in the past) gathering a ragtag group of folks that have reported having a good time following us around New York and New England on our past tours.  This year we are really hopeful to up our participation and are planning a real cool itinerary for three days of fun and touring.  

PLEASE NOTE THE EMAIL ADDRESS IN GREGS ORIGINAL MESSAGE ABOVE IS INCORRECT.  THE CORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS IS mark@rdusaclassics.com

Edited by Mark D

Great plans, a fantastic way for a West Coast person to get a great glimpse of that area. It is penciled in on our calendar.  Does someone have an extra MOPAR one could “rent” for the event? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We see every day that shows, cruise ins, and other car hobby gatherings are being cancelled in light of restrictions imposed by the viral pandemic facing the world's population.  We are still holding to our plans to host the P 15 Picnic.  While conditions are changing and restrictions are being lifted and things seem to be slowly moving toward increased freedom of movement, we continue to monitor these changes. Some of the venues we have planned to include on the tour may or may not be open by the dates selected, but we will modify activities as necessary to provide a gathering of the group.  

Hoping all interested are well and still practicing best practices in dealing with the virus. With 3 and a half months to go we are waiting and watching so keep the dates free, the tank full and watch your e mails for updates.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well we did have an event modified and relocated due to covid situation.  We head quartered at the Berkshire Valley Inn near Williamstown in the western Mass Berkshire mountains.  Had great weather and 7 cars.5 P15s a 49 and a 51.  All the cars finished the trips with no mechanical issues.  We climbed to the 3941 ft summit of My. Grealock the highest spot in Ma, visited the Mount a summer cottage owned and designed by author Edyth  Sargon, stopped at the Ma Museum of contemporary art, visited the Norman Rockwell Museum, found 6 contiguous parking spots on Stockbridge main Street on Sat am, had some great scenic drives, some great conversation and some great food and drink.  I didn't take any pics, but hopefully we can get some up in reply to this update.

Plans for next year are under way for a long weekend in or near Watkins Glen, NY. DATE TBA but late August to early September. Mark your calendars.

My P15 did 526 trouble free miles, used about 27 gallons of gas and no oil.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 4

A great time had by all, even though we were at 8 cars (down from 40 registrations) covid didn’t prevent us from having a great time. Appreciate all that came and lended a hand in making the weekend work! Looking forward again to P15 Picnic USA 2021!

FA00C3C3-FF80-4CD0-AAAF-5375DF8849CC.jpeg

• Like 2

Belongs to Ward Duffield who hales from down the Hudson Valley.  He joined us for Friday's activities. He was a member may still be on this forum.  It's a nice example. Last year he drove his green DeSoto sedan.

Edited by greg g

1 hour ago, BobT-47P15 said:

Looks like a good time for all involved.  Apparently I don't know who owns the blue P15 convertible.  It looks very nice, as do all the cars shown.

Ward is also a member of our Facebook P15 convertible page.

We had a great time. We traveled 540 miles, got 17.9 mpg and used a half a pint of oil. I have a couple of minor noises I have to check out but other than that it was a trouble free weekend. One thing I am glad I did was install the overdrive transmission last year. It made the trip a lot more comfortable being able to run with the engine turning lower revs.

We are looking forward to next year's picnic. Watkins Glen and the finger lakes region of New York has a lot to do, is home to dozens of wineries, craft breweries, and craft distilleries, is as picturesque an area as you can find and I heard it has some sort of famous race track there :)

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:29 AM, greg g said:

Well we did have an event modified and relocated due to covid situation.  We head quartered at the Berkshire Valley Inn near Williamstown in the western Mass Berkshire mountains.  Had great weather and 7 cars.5 P15s a 49 and a 51.  All the cars finished the trips with no mechanical issues.  We climbed to the 3941 ft summit of My. Grealock the highest spot in Ma, visited the Mount a summer cottage owned and designed by author Edyth  Sargon, stopped at the Ma Museum of contemporary art, visited the Norman Rockwell Museum, found 6 contiguous parking spots on Stockbridge main Street on Sat am, had some great scenic drives, some great conversation and some great food and drink.  I didn't take any pics, but hopefully we can get some up in reply to this update.

Plans for next year are under way for a long weekend in or near Watkins Glen, NY. DATE TBA but late August to early September. Mark your calendars.

My P15 did 526 trouble free miles, used about 27 gallons of gas and no oil.

I am 50 mins. from WG. Attended many races up there including witnessing the "BOG" era. Hope things are back to normal next year, will plan on attending with my ugly 52 Cranbrook. 

• Like 1