New facebook Group for buying and selling parts

Robin (UK)

I set up a new facebook Group a few hours ago, specifically for owners to buy and sell parts for flathead Mopar cars & trucks.
The Group already has 39 members, from several countries,  and it's shaping up to be great way to reduce the burden of eBay fees and help keep our vehicles on the road.
Please come and join us at Flathead Mopar Parts - For Sale & Wanted

And please spread the word... Everyone's welcome.

• Like 2

I’d like to join and participate. However the group privacy is set to “Public”. Meaning every time I post or respond in the group, every single one if my FB friends gets notified of my posts. I don’t need my mother-in-law or co-worker knowing about my desire to buy or sell vintage Mopar parts. 

My suggestion is you change the group setting to “Private” so only members of the group see all the posts. Then myself, and likely others will join in and actively participate. 

Regards. Keith

Edited by keithb7

1 hour ago, keithb7 said:

I’d like to join and participate. However the group privacy is set to “Public”. Meaning every time I post or respond in the group, every single one if my FB friends gets notified of my posts. I don’t need my mother-in-law or co-worker knowing about my desire to buy or sell vintage Mopar parts. 

My suggestion is you change the group setting to “Private” so only members of the group see all the posts. Then myself, and likely others will join in and actively participate. 

Regards. Keith

Thanks Keith.
That's been updated and I've set a custom address at www.facebook.com/groups/FlatheadMoparParts
Appreciate the feedback and look forward to welcoming you to the Group.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:35 AM, Robin (UK) said:

I set up a new facebook Group a few hours ago, specifically for owners to buy and sell parts for flathead Mopar cars & trucks.
The Group already has 39 members, from several countries,  and it's shaping up to be great way to reduce the burden of eBay fees and help keep our vehicles on the road.
Please come and join us at Flathead Mopar Parts - For Sale & Wanted

And please spread the word... Everyone's welcome.

I smell a cunning plan to get me active on Facebook?

• Like 1

Go ahead and sign up for Facebook. Accept zero friend requests. Don’t follow anyone either.  Seek out and join special interest and hobby groups. Your FB page will become a portal into a great new experience. Whether  Mopar related or otherwise. It can be a great tool. You’re missing out on a ton of old Mopar connections and classic part sales on Marketplace. 

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, 61farnham said:

I smell a cunning plan to get me active on Facebook?

23 hours ago, Sniper said:

Joined, might be a good idea to remind people to put in a location.  I see some prices in Euros and Pounds, pretty sure shipping would kill me on anything priced like that.  Thanks.

Great idea.
I'll add that to the Group rules and put out a message.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, James_Douglas said:

Facebook is flypaper for idiots....

So far there are already 148 members in the new FB Mopar group. They have posted many items for sale and wanted ads, at quite attractive prices. I sense the group is out to help fellow vintage Mopar lovers out. Folks from around the world are introducing themselves and sharing photos of their lovely old Mopars. There is no unrelated or unwanted material listed there.

The gathered group of "idiots" there is fine by me, and I am happy to be a part of it. The group will continue to grow. As media forms change, if we fail to adapt we are left behind by the next budding generation of car enthusiasts.  Pertaining to the old Mopar car  hobby,  I embrace change and welcome new members. Whatever medium they choose to use to actively participate, I will adapt to use it.

Edited by keithb7
  • Like 3