Hubcaps

Doug&Deb

As little as a one inch strip, 1/4 inch wide,  at about 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock will work (meaning 4 points).  But you can really use as much as you want, up to a bead all the way around, not more than a 1/4 wide.  Of course, the more you use the "harder" it will be to remove the hubcap, but it will still come off when needed.  One benefit of using silicone, they won't come flying off.  No harder to remove than if the clips were new.  

Thanks, I’ll try it. Someone replaced the stock wheels with police wheels and the covers don’t stay on well. I have a set of stock wheels but the tires are smaller and the speedo is off a bit. Plus I haven’t been able to find another wheel for my spare. I have a spare that matches the police wheels so the silicone will help.

8 hours ago, Doug&Deb said:

I seem to recall someone recommending putting silicone on full wheel covers to retain them. I’m thinking of trying this. Any suggestions on how much to use? Also, can the covers be removed easily in the event of a flat tire? 

I used that method on dog dish hub caps that snapped over three nubs . I just put a small gob on each of the nubs . Works very well and just pry off the hub cap for removal . This method was posted on a site that  sells hub caps .  Silicone adhesive of course is what we are talking about not the silicone lubricant .