photo on my desktop

_shel_ny

Mopar deprived  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should I ?

• yes
    • no

I currently have this photo on my desktop.  I think I'm a car guy. I miss my D24, but I keep looking at this photo.

I will hopefully convince myself that it is toooooo much work, and beyond my skills.

2008_0604Image0007.JPG.9e1d792abe4a11c323836a4ae817237c.JPG

It depends on what you're shooting for.

If you want a trailer queen or a survivor that you can enjoy.

My truck looked like that when I started..and it still does ?

Seriously though, I've done the minimum to get it road Worthy and enjoy driving it and i get a lot of thumbs up. Someday I may do the body work and paint, but for now I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

Plus, they're a ton of fun to work on.

43 minutes ago, tom'sB2B said:

It depends on what you're shooting for.

If you want a trailer queen or a survivor that you can enjoy.

My truck looked like that when I started..and it still does ?

Seriously though, I've done the minimum to get it road Worthy and enjoy driving it and i get a lot of thumbs up. Someday I may do the body work and paint, but for now I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

Plus, they're a ton of fun to work on.

I would not do a restoration. It would be a fix the holes. Fix the brakes. Make it go forward, and back. The patina would be the charm.

1 hour ago, NickPick'sCrew said:

If you don't go for that one and can get a price of those round screens that are likely on that bell housing sitting in the bed, my son needs two of 'em.

I sent you a PM.

1 hour ago, NickPick'sCrew said:

If you're not afraid to break a bolt and spit a knuckle or two then your well qualified.  Looks somewhat straight from here.  Go for it ?

I can break bolts?   I've had a few busted knuckles ?

As long as I don't need to get the chain saw it might work out.

Have not seen the truck for some time. It may be gone.

pontiac tree.JPG

tree 6 almost twins.JPG

2007_0612Image0018.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, _shel_ny said:

I can break bolts?   I've had a few busted knuckles ?

As long as I don't need to get the chain saw it might work out.

Have not seen the truck for some time. It may be gone.

pontiac tree.JPG

tree 6 almost twins.JPG

2007_0612Image0018.JPG

They are beautiful.     Despite our best efforts to find a way to more permanently formalize our our short time here, nature always finds a way to improve upon it. 

14 hours ago, greg g said:

We're those at Browns yard?  Some one told me they all went to the crusher.

Yup.  Back a few years, before his passing on his 84th birthday, the owner had told me that "they were shutting him down", and things would be crushed, but that did not materialize at the time, and the last that I knew it was still operational by the son, but the access was limited.

I, and other select pickers were no longer allowed the "free range" sourcing of the past. Citing insurance reasons it went to pretty much an owner pulling by request, situation. The son was not really into it the way his dad was. I believe he would have gone the "crush route", but possibly the mother had more say.

I have not done any recent satellite views/street views/physical visits, but as recent as a year ago the views showed an extensive inventory still on the acreage.  Some scrap piles(stack of engine blocks/differentials) were gone, but still tons, and tons of rusty steel vehicle shapes.

I say go for it. As time goes by there are less and less people interested in buying a hunk of junk and restoring it or at least get it running and driveable. I unfortunately predict that most, if not all, of these old style junkyards will have gone and the cars crushed within the next ten years.

I have rescued and restored 3 cars over the years and kept a true survivor maintained. I am 70 and have probably done my last project but I'll never say never. Latest project finished is pictured. There is a lot of satisfaction in saving/restoring an old vehicle.

DSCN8137.JPG.7fa4a239567f04e82dfa6c0f6f0533c3.JPG

Six years later. Paint is a little darker than shown in the picture. It was pretty bright that day.

Untitled4.png.d746e604498261758827499f9c3acb90.png

Edited by RobertKB
  • Like 2

Here's one more I am thinking of picking up and at least getting out of the weather. However, I know that if it is sitting in my garage, I would be hard pressed to leave it alone. I do have an excellent spare engine that I could use if needed. I could get it for somewhere between $CDN1000-1500. 1947 Fargo.

Fargo.png.ebe167b197734efb8a60b0f41ec973fd.png

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RobertKB said:

Here's one more I am thinking of picking up and at least getting out of the weather. However, I know that if it is sitting in my garage, I would be hard pressed to leave it alone. I do have an excellent spare engine that I could use if needed. I could get it for somewhere between $CDN1000-1500. 1947 Fargo.

Fargo.png.ebe167b197734efb8a60b0f41ec973fd.png

That truck does look like a great candidate for getting it moving and stopping and just enjoying it

• Like 1