Newbie w/ p-23 and 36 dodge truck

Rodney_Hamon

Hello. I recently joined the forum and started with the truck side as I have been slowly trying to get my ‘36 truck back on the road. However I accumulated a ‘51 Cambridge and then a Cranbrook parts car in the last 4 years. I thought I should post a pix of the pair as an intro. A few years ago I had joined the old Plymouth club at its end and it was invaluable to me to jumpstart me back into working on mopars. Now I am happy to be part of your family and hope I can be worthy of asking good advice! Thanks. Rodney 

017ECD34-9173-4CD2-93F7-43978D78B839.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks. I spent better part of the day in the garage disconnecting/cleaning/rerouting the overdrive cable and sore from laying on cold floor and up/dn. But I did it. It’s a ‘53 plymie tranny that needs luv 

You know, as I sign off this Plymouth was a spur of the moment buy off CL. Previous brief owner did not know mopars. I just wanted to save it. Battery was hooked up backwards and no brakes. It was clever how the person used brass plug on brake line to rear wheel cylinder so only 3 brakes could work...but they didn’t. Collapsed radiator hoses made it overheat.  I had more fun buying a drum puller and removing rear drums off all 3 Plymouth’s and that   dodge truck.  The electric choke still mystfies me.  Field mice ate the entire interior. That still pisses me off. Still, I enjoy walking over to that car and starting it and let it warm up. Makes me feel good. 4 dr Cambridge’s rock! In any condition. 

• Like 1