1940 Plymouth wiper knob?

40 Plymouth guy

Dear P15-D24 forum,

Does anyone out there know what a 1940 Plymouth wiper knob looks like?

I have collected pics of finished cars and am not quite sure that this knob is like the original.

Secondly does anyone have a goods source for any of these?

I purchase one from a Mopar ebay vendor (site unseen) and he guaranteed that the knob he sells is the correct one (see third pic down).  The third pic is the one I purchased (knob pic on my car).

Is this correct?  I doubt that the factory would expose the nut like this.  My gut tells me this is not correct.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

40 Plymouth guy

picture-2.jpg

picture-4.jpg

picture-5.jpg

picture-3.jpg

Edited by 40 Plymouth guy
needed words rephrased

Here in Oz no Oz assembled mopar came with a vaccum wiper so when I bought my 41 Plymouth Coupe which was a US Detroit factory RHD export car assembled in South Africa then imported into oz years later it had the stock vaccum wipers witha broken plastic dash top switch..........finding another here in oz was not going to be easy but after joining this Forum I was offered a nice chromed metal knob which supposedly came from a 1946-48 Chrysler.........it fitted straight on and looked much better .........chrome is good.............lol......sorry no pic...........andyd