Sign in to follow this  
vintage6t

1951 Dodge wrecker on CL

Cool original wrecker...1950 body style with a inside rear view mirror and a lot.of switches to play with.

Did turn my head a bit.....but the wife said I have enough to keep me busy for awhile. :lol:

48D

isn't that a one ton? for some reason, i kinda expected a little bigger for a wrecker

i like the front bumper.... probably threw that on after the first front end got boofed   :)

I bet they threw the front bumper on for ballast after the first desoto they picked up.  :D

Going to need some weight up there to keep the front tires on the ground.

Grandpa had a ford 9n tractor with a back hoe attachment on the rear. Really a small back hoe, dug foundations for 3 houses I know of, at least 6 septic systems, it worked well and still running today.

Yeah it had a YUUUGE front bumper on it for ballast with all the weight in back.