Hood prop rods

Dan S

My 1938 D8  sedan is missing the hood prop rods.  I can't find any pictures of any,.  Can anybody post some pictures of them?  Also  this car has a cast aluminum  grille,  which I'm guessing is an aftermarket from way back.  Am I correct, or not?  The car does show signs of  previous front end damage.

As far as I know all the hood prop rods from the late 30's thru to the late 40's are the same on Dodges and other mopars that have side opening hoods...........this is just an observational thing as I have had my 1940 Dodge for 48 years and have noticed the same hood props shown in various pics of other cars on here and elsewhere as well as seeing various cars in person............I've checked all the pics I have and this is the best with a hood prop in the pic tho' its not a great pic........lol......the firewall bracketry also appears to be the same in all models as well...............andyd

IMG_1369.JPG

I think the 30’s cars had a different setup Andy.  At least on my 37 they are attached to the radiator support rods.

You can purchase them from Roberts (2nd photo).

9B18312D-386F-427F-A547-A76C36312C0C.jpeg

https://www.robertsmotorparts.com/hood-support-supports-hood-while-working-on-engine-1

16F456AD-E6A0-408F-B12C-0DD6FFFC5669.jpeg

Edited by Furylee2

O/k.....well maybe 1939 onwards used the ones thru to the late 40's..........I've learnt something new today.......always good......thanks, andyd

Here is a picture of my '38 hood support.

If you have a D8 it should be as shown.

Hope you can blow up the pic well enough to see it. Not just a rod, but a complex support mechanism. (Original grille is pot metal)

.38_Alum_head_006.jpg.0eca71a8015b0cb39fe569ab45e10d9b.jpg