Valve retainers.

HMH Autosport

Hey everybody. I'm just about done with my engine reassembly and saw that a valve retainer looks damaged. It would probably work but I would rather replace it. I have checked the parts sites, Oldmoparparts, Andy Bernbaum with no luck. If anybody would know where I might be able to purchase a couple of these it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Go to your local auto mechanic who still or has repaired like engines. They will have a jar full of them on a top shelf. But the key is a mechanic who is older than 59! 
My mechanic knew immediately where his jar was. 
good luck. 
ps when you find that mechanic, NEVER forget where he is! 

I LOOKED IN MY 1937-52 tRI STATE mOPAR CATALOG AND THE VALVE RETAINER IS PART NUMBER  395930 OLD NEW 1313268  AND FOUND THIS ON EBAY.

NOS MOPAR 1313268 33-50; 51-54 6 CYL Retainer Valve Spring 395930  cHECK TO SEE IF THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.  aLL MODELS USED THE SAME FROM 1937-52 VALVE SPRING RETAINER.

ALSO TRY THIS LISTING IT HAS PICTURES OF THE RETAINERS AND THE KEEPERS:  1930's 1940's 1950's NORS Plymouth Dodge Chrysler Valve Spring Retainers & Locks

NOT SURE WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BUT DOING SOME RESHERACH ON EBAY WILL ALWAYS COME UP WITH SOMETHING AND ALSO BY HAVE THE OLD CROSS REFERENCE CATALOGS IS WHAT MAKES IT EASIER TO FIND PARTS.  tHESE CATALOGS SHOULD BE PART OF YOUR CAR LIBRARY TO HELP IN FINDING THE PARTS.

RICH HARTUNG  DESOTO1939@AOL.COM

Edited by desoto1939

HMH.......can you be more specific regarding what you need............is it the two piece keeper or lock that fits around the end of the valve or the valve spring retainer that the spring sits on and the lock fits into?...............andyd

He needs....the 1-3/8" diameter valve spring retainer...

It requires two (2) valve keepers with four grooves in each to retain the spring and retainer to the valve..?