oil transfer tube size

kencombs

The tube that goes from the oil pump's output then  under the crank and  over to the pressure regulator.  The fitting's male threads are 1/4" pipe size.  The other end of the fitting, the female,,  is larger than 3/8 tube and smaller than 1/2.  Anyone know what trade size it might be and a source?    It really looks as if it may be a 3/8" ID, but I can't locate and tubing sized by the ID.

I'm plumbing up a full flow filter and would like to do it with that size tubing if possible.  I've convinced myself that a full flow filter and PCV will help keep my oil cleaner and last longer than no filter, bypass filter alone, or road draft tube.  Tube would be so much neater that hose and wouldn't be any concern with heat near the exhaust system.

I have the holes drilled and tapped with a plug between them.  The original fitting will fit, just need tubing to take it from there. 

Or, maybe someone has a couple of the stock tubes and fittings that I could modify.

Edited by kencombs

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, zHxIxPxPxIxEz said:

wasnt there a download for how to add a full flow system on this site? does it not have tubing sizes listed? 

I would prefer to use metal tubing if possible.  All the remote full flow add on filters I've seen here use hoses.  It will be done with hoses if needed but would really like metal. 

Edited by kencombs

13 hours ago, kencombs said:

I would prefer to use metal tubing if possible.  All the remote full flow add on filters I've seen here use hoses.  It will be done with hoses if needed but would really like metal. 

I totaly understand! I gave the conversuon allot of thought in 14' when i blew up my first engine ( i used detergent oil on the poor flatty that sat for who knows how long) but i havent looked since. if i find anything, ill let you know. I'm sure the old timers have something to say though ;)