Large gap at front of hood 1946 WD15

The body lines seems to line up, but there is a big gap at the bottom of the front of the hood. This is the same on both sides. I don't see anything to adjust to change that gap. The fender and the part of the body just under it seem like they are installed properly, but it's hard to tell with ever having seen another one in person.

IMG_20200104_141006.jpg

The rear also drags on the fender a bit, at least the protector...which is also missing I think from the front. There are a number of alignment issues I believe on this truck that will need to be sorted out when I repaint it.

IMG_20200104_140954.jpg

Edited by lostviking

My 41 has the same large gap front and rear . There is a rubber ' spacer ' available that helps the appearance a little . I just grabbed the rubber that goes under a trunk lid from the junkyard . The hood corners are also available from Bernbaums or Roberts . My hood also doesn't have room for a front rubber corner . My radiator had extremely sharp corners up top so I put rubber corners up there to keep from getting my hands or arms cut .

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I've been looking at pictures online and it seems to be common. I've seen close in front, gap in rear and the reverse. I will get the corner protectors from one of the sources, since mine are missing in the front and painted over in the rear.