State of the site, January 2020

Sponsored By  

The site has been online now for over 20 years!

Our average uptime for the last 6 months has been 99.96%.

We are rapidly approaching 11,000 registered members.

In November 2019 we had a record 4.68 million hits, with the site averaging over 4.5 million hits for the last 12 months.

The great thing for me is in the last 20 years I have had to permanently ban less than 5 members total! They shows the respect for our fellow members even when we disagree. 

I've tried to make it easier for new members to sign up but we still have to have some security tests in place to stop the omnipresent spammers.

What I hope to see in 2020 is more members providing reference material we can store and share in the Downloads section. Basically building a vintage library reference center for all to use for free. 

And we have some new feature planned for 2020 so keep checking back. 

Lastly, like everything else, costs keep going up. Now the site is on a larger dedicated server with additional security to make sure you have a responsive and safe browsing experience. (We sometimes see up to 500 users online at a time) 

If you would like to help the site financially consider buying a logo cap or P15-D24 decal, or making a donation. Just click on the Store tab and make you choices. 

And let me know if there are any specific enhancements you would like to see.

Lastly everyone have a great 2020!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JBNeal said:

I asked last year about content control on build threads as some participants go OT...is it possible for a thread originator to hide posts that go OT on a build thread?

Only admins or moderators have that access. However if you want full control of a thread sign up for a blog. You then have the option to approve what gets posted before it is published.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 10:25 AM, P15-D24 said:

And let me know if there are any specific enhancements you would like to see.

I recently stepped back from my keyboard for a period and unintentionally caused alarm to some friends who hadn’t seen me on the forum.

wonder if there is a slick way to notify members who might have concern of time away for vacation or other reasons  - kinda like a time out section? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brent B3B said:

I recently stepped back from my keyboard for a period and unintentionally caused alarm to some friends who hadn’t seen me on the forum.

wonder if there is a slick way to notify members who might have concern of time away for vacation or other reasons  - kinda like a time out section? 

Good question. Let me look through the admin stuff to see if an "offline" or "On vacation" banner is available. 

I have installed a new yellow sticky note option that I'm still testing and maybe that can be tied to an individual user name. 

2 hours ago, rockingjd said:

Its a great site bringing like minded people together. Thanks for what you do. 

As for fund raising how about an official P15 - D24 calendar? Anything Mopar is harder to find. Last years calendar was Ford this years is Chev. 

Excellent Idea, too late for this year? 

Or make it Feb to Feb 2021?

I looked into making a calendar a while back but, I kinda wanted to make one for me and have it available to others  to order directly as requested so I didn't have a bunch of inventory.

I'd buy a truck one from the site...... :)

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:32 AM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I always buy a PUG calendar....!

PUG? is that Plymouth Under Glorified? LOL

I just don't get into a lot of stuff like the calendars and what not, I have never had a calendar in my shop much less a car oriented one and the only area in my shop with anything like a clock is in the paint booth for monitoring flash times between coats...shop is for getting lost in, not for counting the days and hours...

On 1/18/2020 at 9:20 AM, rockingjd said:

Its a great site bringing like minded people together. Thanks for what you do. 

As for fund raising how about an official P15 - D24 calendar? Anything Mopar is harder to find. Last years calendar was Ford this years is Chev. 

I get awesome calendars from a member at forabodiesonly. 
Seems quite a few people enjoy calendars with their favorite automobiles featured. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 2:43 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I just don't get into a lot of stuff like the calendars and what not, I have never had a calendar in my shop much less a car oriented one and the only area in my shop with anything like a clock is in the paint booth for monitoring flash times between coats...shop is for getting lost in, not for counting the days and hours...

I have one at my desk at work...... I count the days until the weekend  ?

I keep calendars everywhere around my place (house, shop, garage) ......can't see not having one with my crazy schedule.

If you make a poster style calendar....I would believe its easier to pick up mid year...month by month, IMO, is still good to offer until spring.

48D

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 12:25 PM, P15-D24 said:

... let me know if there are any specific enhancements you would like to see...

we can report forum posts for questionable content, but it appears a "guest" slipped in to the Links Directory and posted some spam and I cannot see a way to flag this:

1 hour ago, JBNeal said:

we can report forum posts for questionable content, but it appears a "guest" slipped in to the Links Directory and posted some spam and I cannot see a way to flag this:

Thanks for reporting. You can always use info@p15-d24.com to report anything. 

Think I fixed the setting that allowed the Guest account to post.

• Thanks 1