Show Off Your Cuddly Shop Cats?

Dodgeb4ya

Ummm..

A tasty meal?

Have to love these little guys, I have to admit this thread prompted me to take a photo or two of Tom.

This little guy wandered into our yard around the last week of August, more dead then alive. Guessing was a 4-6 week old kitten.

Wife nursed him back to health, only cat I ever saw where wife could call him and he would come running.

All this cat did was hunt, he cleared the yard of grass hoppers and had 2 birds under his belt by 5 months old. Then he went after a squirrel.

The squirrel has been coming here for 2 years and tease my dogs. Now with Tom cat on the team, the dogs could bark at the squirrel and the cat climbed the tree to catch it.

Will probably be my most fondest memory of Tom, He was 20' up the tree and 3' away from the squirrel. Looked like a western movie with 2 gun hands getting ready to draw down on each other.

Tom cat crouched down into attack mode, tail twitching slowly left to right. The squirrel chirping out it's usual banter and tail twitching slowly back and forth .... And me standing below them with a garden hoe smacking the lower tree branch yelling naughty words at Tom to get out of the tree!

That squirrel was just playing with the kitten and would have ate his arse for lunch. Finally the squirrel got bored, jumped over to another branch and wandered off.

About a week ago, Tom never came home, I assume he took on something bigger then he should have and hunting greener pastures now.

Anyway here is a photo of him getting ready to pounce on Penny,  Oh how he loved to play with the dogs.

0105201155b.jpg

• Like 1