Trying to ID this dodge.

Somethingski

Drop me a message when you get your  truck up Brisbane way Somethingski and I’ll see if I can point you in the right direction with the contacts I have made. I live just south of Brisbane and have 5 trucks.... one of them is a 108E Suburban van.

I haven’t been too active here on the forum of late but I am fast finding my feet again. I’ll be back in town next week... we are freezing in the -40’s in Whitehorse Yukon at present ??

Dav......I wondered where you'd got to..........minus 40..........yum.........lol................regards, andyd.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, Andydodge said:

Dav......I wondered where you'd got to..........minus 40..........yum.........lol................regards, andyd.

Long story mate summed up in 2 words... nasty  divorce.

We’re back in Whistler now and it’s only -18 today. We hope to meet up with Hank on our way through LA tomorrow night. Will call you for a chat one day ?

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

How life has changed since i last posted here!

Have a few updates, been able to get into the engine bay and found the followoing serial number

108C-D 184 (attached) any ideas?

Also been able to find

108 -CD -Q22

and

SPAR - 157 - 9327

Any ideas on those?

Thanks for all your help so far!

IMG-bce4332c15b283d8db3bd699f0137d8b-V.jpg

Ok, short bit of info.

108C-D 184,

108 = wheel base, 108".

C = model, 1955 to 57.

D = Dodge

184 = the one hundred and eighty fourth 108" wheel base truck off the line for that C model. There was no denoting body style in this number.

108 -CD -Q22 ( I `ll assume this is the body tag. Long thin, similar size to the paint code tag).

108 CD = refer above.

Q22 = Q is a strange one. Normally there is a four digit number to give body style.

SPAR - 157 - 9327

Spartan paint code. Most of the time BALM (British Australian Lead Manufacture) paints were used but Spartan and another brand where used.

Its been to long and the memory is going I will have to have a look through the books to provide some more accurate info.

Tony

Edited by Tony WestOZ
  • Thanks 1

Tony, you are a wealth of knowledge!

The 108 CD  Q22 maybe 108 CD 022.

I've attached below, not on a thin tag though. Says "harden & john......." they are the best photos i have. 

So it appears the front is 58-59  but the tags say 55. If only i could ask my grandfather!

Thanks so much for the info and help

IMG-71b5a86cd1a3509fa78e2803f014196b-V.jpg

IMG-c68f60ef8d74794a3ff5a8fed6993887-V.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, starting to look for parts. 

Do you have any particular websites or places to go search for bits and pieces?

Currently after right rear quater glass (mine looks like its been shot at!) And a right hand door including glass. 

Im going to try and preserve the original door as is as my pop did the original sign writing on it and id like to preserve and display.

Also a "hand" mine cracked under pressure so to speak (see attached photo)

Any leads welcome and thanks for your help so far!

IMG-15b447090ee2d1cee0f6b1fd25d1027a-V.jpg

Edited by Somethingski
Add the hand!

Do you have all of the broken parts from the piece?.........as its made of plastic then theres a good chance that plastic model glue such as that made by Revell,Humbrol or Tamiya may work to glue it back together..........the glue I refer to is the liquid Poly glue which is almost the viscosity of water and if you take your time may work.........I suggest this as a model builder of 55years standing plus owning a hobby/model shop for 20 yrs..............just a suggestion........or post it to me & I'll have a go & I'll send it back afterwards, no charge........attached a pic of the Dodge outside of my old shop...............Andy Douglas 

DodgeShop.jpg

4 hours ago, Andydodge said:

Do you have all of the broken parts from the piece?.........as its made of plastic then theres a good chance that plastic model glue such as that made by Revell,Humbrol or Tamiya may work to glue it back together..........the glue I refer to is the liquid Poly glue which is almost the viscosity of water and if you take your time may work.........I suggest this as a model builder of 55years standing plus owning a hobby/model shop for 20 yrs..............just a suggestion........or post it to me & I'll have a go & I'll send it back afterwards, no charge........attached a pic of the Dodge outside of my old shop...............Andy Douglas 

DodgeShop.jpg

Oh wow thats so generous. Thank you 

Would that repair it well enough for it to be exposed to the elements (wind, rain sun etc). I have zero experience in that sort of stuff so really have no idea. 

Yes all the parts. Picture should be above.

Failing that im guessing they are hard to come by?

If it were mine then with what I know about plastics & glues I would have no issue in trying to put it back together...............I notice that it appears to have broken off at the base or bottom part......do you have a pic of the rest of it, also a pic of the front of the "hand"............as mentioned I'm happy to have a go at gluing it, at the very least I'm certain that I can get it back together in one piece so long as all pieces are there.........at least then you'd have a pic of what one should look like...........but as mentioned I am happy to glue it back together, no problems..........as far as being exposed to the weather, that would not affect the glue as once dry and set then its as strong as the plastic, however how did it end up breaking?......exposure to the outside elements  will make to plastic become brittle but so long as this part is treated in a way that doesn't put any extra pressure on it then it should be fine............give me a call............02 66 425963, anytime, let the phone ring...........lol............Andy Douglas

Ok good to know. I don't have a photo of the front and yes the base has been snapped off. How, i am not to sure i wasn't with the truck when it happened!

I don't have access to the base or the hand right now (long story) and they are currently in two different states!

Thanks so much for the offer though, appreciated

IMG-afd61ed5d8facd705a53915796a32292-V.jpg

IMG-15b447090ee2d1cee0f6b1fd25d1027a-V.jpg