Unexpected xmas bug

maok

Here in Australia we love our prawns (not shrimps) for xmas, but also cherries, which were very popular with me this year. I ate so much that I had to see a doctor, they lasted for two days afterward.

Interestingly, the doc diagnosed two different bugs, one from the cherries - diarrhea, and other was the common vintage bug. I asked, 'is it serious this time doc?' he said, ' in your case very serious, almost life changing.'

The deal is not complete yet but hopefully will be in the next few days. I will be officially a proper member on this forum, either the P15-D24 and/or the Truck forum.  I will keep it a mystery until it is 100%, I don't want to jinx it.

Thanks. It's one vehicle but could be classified in either forum. ????

Unfortunately, like our '28 we have no documentation on who built the body. The bloke who restored it 10-15years ago has lots of history on it but does not know who was the builder in here in Oz. Some of the Oz members may have seen it advertised for sale, it's a very interesting style which caught my eye,  will look well with our '28.

It's interesting that it's based on a Dodge truck chasis, dash/firewall forward is a truck but the cabin looks more like a '34 styling. No boot/trunk in the rear. The cabin is timber framed not all steal. The engine has the truck serial ie T38****

Yep, does have all the curtains. Hopefully being so unique, the information on the body builder will turn up.

I did not see a picture with the side curtains in place...do you  have one to post?  My only open touring car was a 1925 Fiat GT..one piece lift off top with curtains on the side but the curtains are still in Africa where the car came from as they were not with the car when I got it....probably in a galaxy far far away now.

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

34 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I did not see a picture with the side curtains in place...do you  have one to post?  My only open touring car was a 1925 Fiat GT..one piece lift off top with curtains on the side but the curtains are still in Africa where the car came from as they were not with the car when I got it....probably in a galaxy far far away now.

I did see the rear window curtains when I inspected it before Xmas, let's hope they all arrive with the car next week. I will post more pics when it arrives.

Maok......how sure are you that the dash forward is truck based...........the windscreen and cowl look very similar to the one I had from a 39 Plymouth Roadster Ute which used the standard car based Plymouth panels..........I also have seen it on Oz ebay for at least the past 12-18 months it seems...........is there any stamping or firewall pressing from TJ Richards?.........have attached 2 pics I have of the 39 Plymouth Roadster Ute.......one was taken by the mate before he pulled the car apart for its front sheet metal the 2nd pic showing the basic cowl was taken by me as he gave these parts to me, there was no drivers door but the remains I got included the floor and rear panels to the cabin.......my reasoning re the car base for the 1937 Tourer is that the windscreen posts used look almost identical as does the windscreen frame........although I freely admit that its a stretch to make that comparision purely on my poor pics..........lol.........either way its nice to see its finally getting a good home.................andyd    

1939PlymouthUte.jpg

Hi Andy, I can't be 100% sure that my assumptions are correct at all, its all based on google imagines I have seen so far.

The dash instruments are not the same as any '37 car Dodge, they seem to be same as a truck, as I said the engine number starts with T38...., not D.. It is a MC model on the registration which I believe is the truck chassis code for that yet, the petrol/gas tank is under the front seat. I have no idea about the windscreen frame, I haven't seen one the same on google as yet. A convertible sedan seems to be very hard to find many pics of, I haven't been able see one on a truck chassis.

I haven't received the car yet, next week when I do, I will look for a plate or stamping, but the bloke who I purchased it from, did the restore and he doesn't know the body builder.

Yes, I have been keeping an eye on it for some time too. Its been a Maryborough QLD car from day one, so a little sad to take it down to Brisbane, 3 hours away.

Here is a pic of the dash instruments,

s-l1600.jpg.570541ef1ff8b0fa7947f07587d8d56d.jpg

Its a 25" block, a remote brake booster has been added, the MC doesn't look like the US models but does look original to the car, there is some sort of upper lubrication system installed. Its leaking some coolant. I was told the gear and different has 80-90w oil in them. Do these gearboxes have synchromesh in 2nd &3rd gears?

No body builders name on the plate below the Dodge plate on the firewall.

Are the taillights correct? When i first seen it, I thought they were Ford repro's.

IMAG2899.jpg.0e8b75082e77e991212407bda9e33029.jpgIMAG2901.jpg.087364a924a41882bf6dfe7786ef2a15.jpgIMAG2900.jpg.051f01882b6ecc5402e77a7b30e46068.jpgIMAG2902.jpg.9e8e03b68e729f2edcee855d1c091fee.jpg

IMAG2906.jpg.789beae646d4ca1706e68e7e4a1bdae1.jpgIMAG2907.jpg.b61f4d0fd2a39a3e3aadbdbfe0a86432.jpg

IMAG2903.jpg

IMAG2904.jpg

IMAG2905.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Here is some pics of the Dodge at a couple weddings we did on the weekend,

1957439382_MyweddingWishMellisahAdrian2020_02.08RoaringTwentiesVintageCarHire(5).jpg.4ff7d96a6141cd2899cb6874eeed3e71.jpgP2100105.jpg.10464934c5551e394e6a88278ddaf227.jpgP2100108.jpg.ef8585fa6cb546f91f3a41a1ef5119f3.jpg