Which rear end to swap in 1946 WD15

lostviking

I don't recall where I ordered mine from but I was able to find perches for a 3" tube with the proper width. The one difference they had was the center hole was larger so I had to put a spacer on that. 

On 2/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, Stevep said:

What did you do for shock mounts and spring perches?

I have been in the automotive business for over 40 years and I have never hears WMS before but I usually do not do conversions.

I bought my spring perches from Amazon.  

I hadn't heard about WMS before either until I started to look into converting mine over to a Cherokee diff.  It became pretty apparent that the important dimension is where do the wheels end up.  Normally you would want the same WMS as your original axle unless you were looking to make a change in that area.

5 hours ago, Young Ed said:

I don't recall where I ordered mine from but I was able to find perches for a 3" tube with the proper width. The one difference they had was the center hole was larger so I had to put a spacer on that. 

looks like I bought mine from vintage jeeps inc. Also got my shackles from them 

12 hours ago, Young Ed said:

looks like I bought mine from vintage jeeps inc. Also got my shackles from them 

What rear did you use and was it going in a WC 1/2 ton?

2 hours ago, Stevep said:

What rear did you use and was it going in a WC 1/2 ton?

Jeep Cherokee. And yes. I've got a build thread in here for it. Turkey truck build 

• 2 weeks later...