Anybody recognize these

JSabah

Does anybody recognize these escutcheons for the interior door handle and window crank and know on what cars they were used on (other than Plymouth woodies) .  I’m missing one set (for one handle). They are fairly flat - about 1/4” and recess into the door. They are two parts with a spring between (spring is not in pictures). I’ve searched eBay for period car parts (1949) but haven’t seen anything like them. 

608FF05D-8EC0-40D2-B8BF-5DAB6C702B7D.jpeg

B58B9028-FF90-4462-937F-21476AF97D7C.jpeg

E22734B0-6B2B-4E28-BF49-748970502102.jpeg

Would those possibly have started out with plastic on them, which over time became cracked and brittle and was removed from the

chrome portion.....leaving one with just the item shown?     Just a wild guess as I have seen lots of old plastic items that became 

brittle and damaged.  Looks like a slot in the center shaft of the escutcheon......could that have been for a tab on the plastic portion?

Edited by BobT-47P15

JSabah

Maybe these?

image.png.903cd1afb5a63251a18a82646591ab0e.png

Or try oldmoparts.com, they carry some escutcheons on their site under interior I think it was.

DJ

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately none of what I found on line or by calling suppliers matched what was original for my car - which is low profile, recessed with no embellishments. So, After weeks of searching with no luck, I decided to see if I could make one myself. I happen to have some heavy brass sheet pieces that I picked up from the metal supply remnants pile for pennies some time ago. With a little research on brass metal forming, I learned about “metal stumping” . I tried forming my first piece without tempering and then a second with.(the tempered piece worked better). Then I cut and formed (around a socket) the depth piece and also cut a disk. When soldered all together it didn’t come out half bad. A little wet sanding and buffing (so I could see the defects) and here are pics of the new and the original. Definitely not cost effective when you account for the hours it took and the chroming that’s still needs to be done, but as I wanted it to be like original I had no alternative.

89C77267-356C-4339-8C2C-916F8EB2071F.jpeg

0EA100AF-7684-4377-8EAB-AB673ED2109D.jpeg

9BBDB9AB-C239-480D-AD1D-B01B851C613F.jpeg

91C618C4-6535-44BC-97D9-EF6480E1239E.jpeg