Hydrovac Brake Booster

RedHot71

My brakes went out all of a sudden & have determined the cause is defective hydro-vac.  (1951 Dodge B3J 2 1/2 ton dump truck)  The unit is made by Midland casting #C-3389 w/(3) brake line connections & a breather nipple.  I ordered a new rebuilt one from Fleet Products out of Canada.  Wrong one was sent.  Since the shipping is about $60.00 each way, I was hoping for some help on which replacement I need.  That casting # is not helping them any.  Hoping someone out there is familiar.

Not sure if this part number helps, but I found several, refurbished, on Ebay. Sold by the Berns Company, an industrial heavy equipment parts supplier/reseller. They have the same cast # that you mention in your post.

Midland C464 Casting C-3389 Hydrovac Brake VAC Booster Rebuilt

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MIDLAND-C464-CONVERTED-CASTING-C-3389-BRAKE-VAC-BOOSTER-REBUILT-/133283079603?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c3#viTabs_0

-Roland

Edited by minicooper

minicooper-

Did you notice the local pickup only?

sorry about that I did not add, that least a call to them about their pickup only to confirm this, seems odd to advertise and have that.

If that is a strict policy maybe another forum member could pickup if they will accept payment over the phone?

DJ

Edited by DJ194950
add
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Red hot, did you ever find a replacement?

just curious, a few years back I looked into getting mine rebuilt and ran into a dead end.