Are these available?

JSabah

I don’t know if they are used on steel body cars or not but on the woodie, they hold the door handle (exterior) onto the escutcheon 

I had to destroy a couple to have my chrome done. They are thin walled flanged tubes that press on the door handle and then we’re crimped on (I will epoxy). 

D18CE980-BBF2-40AE-A8F0-0050AD5C00DB.jpeg

I have been looking for these for many years and have not found any. But I would think that maybe a very old plumbing supply might have a brass fitting with a limp and the correct length and inside diameter might work.  Being brass or copper would then be asy to crimp at the ends. All these do is hold on the piece that holds the swivel section and the two outside holes to mount the exterior door handle to the outside of the door.

If anyone finds some or close to them I am interested.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Why not take some off old handles?

Rotate 90 degree's and twist/pull em off.

Putting them on right is the difficult part.

The cup needs to be semi firm pressing firmly against the wave washer.

MoPar did make those cups new. 

I used some up. A good tight install was.still hard to accomplish.

I now know how to do them in a proper.way with some home made tools.

All this has been posted here before too.

I also have changed out the handles and did away with the very pictured cup retainer.  Last go around with handles was to use the P15 bases and some Mopar stainless steel outer handles and do away with the pot metal and pitted chrome.  I assembled mine also with a cross drilled hole also with a light duty spring for anti-rattle..(you can look to the spring in your light sockets)  Set and drilled  correctly there is no interference whatsoever with the mechanism to the door and the handle is not at all loose or neither does it bind in any manner.   Not to say one way is better than the other just that there is most always an alternative.  

I ruined one getting it off of the trunk handle - before I read about how some here have been able to get them off & reuse them.  I filed two grooves on either side to fit an E-Clip.  I will cut a short length of plastic or copper tubing to get the correct pressure on the spring washer.  Speaking of the spring washer, my trunk handle had two of them on it.  I looked for a replacement, because these were very rusty.  The hardware stores have them, but by the time you go that big, they are very thick, and too stiff.  I haven't reassembled the handle yet, as I'm searching for a way to put some sort of bushing in where the handle seats into the main body of the pot metal piece.  (It is very worn there.)

I use JB weld inside the cup and carefully around handle base where the cup fits..

...then assemble cup, wave washer, escutcheon and handle

...this using a proper sized tube to force the cup flare up against the wave washer and handle escutcheon enough to put tension on the washer... not too much..not too little..just like a good original non worn handle..  then re- crimp the two vee's just enough to push the vee down till it touches the bottom of the handle pot metal vee..no more

Then you have to hole the press tube and cup tight  until the JB fully hardens...handle will never come loose and will work like new as long as the handle escutcheon hole is not worn out.

I have done quite a few of these over time using different home made ideas and tooling...different tools I use

1941-52 Outer Door Handle Escutcheon repair (13) - Copy.JPG

1941-52 Outer Door Handle Escutcheon repair (15) - Copy.JPG

1941-52 Outer Door Handle Escutcheon repair (2) - Copy.JPG

1941-52 Outer Door Handle Escutcheon repair (14) - Copy.JPG

Door handle Escutcheon repair Work 1946-52 Mopar cars (7).JPG

1941-52 Outer Door Handle Escutcheon repair (12) - Copy.JPG

• Like 1