U-Joint windsor 1947

Phr

Good Morning and best wishes

after a complete transmission rebuilt I still have a noise near gear box

it comes from the Front U-joint (verified)

anyone knows were to order this hard to find part ?

Chrysler windsor 1947  6-cyl

Thanks

IMG_0241.jpg

EXTRACTION CAGES DE ROULEMENTS DE DIFFERENTIEL.JPG

There is the correct Detroit 7200 series cross/roller U-joint on ebay but as usual it is way over priced.?$$$$

MoPar OE # 947550..

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

4 hours ago, Dodgeb4ya said:

There is the correct Detroit 7200 series cross/roller U-joint on ebay but as usual it is way over priced.?$$$$

MoPar OE # 947550..

Do you mean this one? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Genuine-Wesco-U-Joint-D7225-Borg-Warner-114-265-fits-1940-59-Chrysler-DeSoto/332641877992?epid=25019013749&hash=item4d73003fe8:g:Rl0AAOSwOrBa7h6d

They came in two sizes The one for DeSoto and later Chryslers are bigger. (don't ask how I know ?)

They where also called "mechanic's u-joint"

Edited by chrysler1941

The Wesco joint is the smaller correct joint for a 1946 thru 48 USA 6 cylinder Chrysler car. MoPar # 947550.

There are three different sizes of this style joint for 1940 thru 1958 Chrysler cars..maybe later too.

A very difficult u joint to find.

The 947551 is even harder to find..eight cylinder and wagons.

They're out there.  I needed them for my 48 DeSoto.  You just have to keep on searching.  I got one of them from Bernbaum for $150, and he said it was his last one.  I got the rear joint by putting a want ad on the Antique Automobile Club of America.  I paid about $55 for the rear one, I think, and it was from another collector, not a dealer, and it was this year.  What kind of u-joints do you need?  One type has wings with holes for the bolts to go through, and the other kind uses C-clamps.  My 48 DeSoto uses the C-clamps.  Notice the big hole that goes through the joint on the C-clamp type.  I include a pic showing both kinds.  

U-Joint1946-50DeSotoWithDeltaWingandClampandDeSotoChryslerDrilledLowWing947550.JPG.d9c938ad09de3ac8add7315458c47a3d.JPG.7288f7f9ee81a6bf61ade6795dfb63cb.jpg

Edited by MarcDeSoto

Hi

we do it with my mechanic in a self garage

the hardest think was to find old new stock parts, as rare but possible, satellites had 3 broken tooth

all in red on the 2d pic was renewed

regards

IMG_0246.JPG

2019-09-17_085844.jpg

• 6 months later...