Fixing a few things on the 46

lostviking

The clutch seems to chatter a bit, so today I took the inspection cover off. I was happy to see it was dry inside and didn't look bad at all. I was worried the rear main might be leaking. Next I went to the rear to see where a noise was coming from. The stud to retain the spare tire arm (goes under the spare) was loose in the frame. A flat washer and lock under the nut fixed that.

Last I decided to go at the chrome hub caps. They were covered in small  pitting, as you can see from the before picture. I used a metal polish and 3 inch foam pad on my drill to get rid of that. Didn't pull the truck out of the garage today, since the wife got home while I was finishing the second one on the drivers side. That will be done maybe next weekend before we go for a drive. Almost like new :)

polish and pad.jpg

hub cap after.jpg

hub cap before.jpg

• Like 1