Introduction

DakotaFrank

New guy here.  I didn't see a forum for introductions, so.  I am very interested in 40's - 50's cars and trucks of all makes.  I have always been an old Chevy pickup guy and have owned three in the past: a 55-1st Series and two 50's - and when I was a young teen a 40 Chevy Special Deluxe 4-door my grandpa gave me.  Anyway, now that I'm retired I'm looking for a project and thinking about a P15 Plymouth or D24 Dodge.  And I'm here to learn.

I have an older friend who is a Chrysler and Desoto enthusiast.  He knows more about L-head 6 cylinders than I will ever know.  Years ago he had a sweet 37 Desoto Coupe hill climb car.  He doesn't have a car now, but has built-up a cool 251 motor with lots of goodies.  When I learn how I want to post a link to a YouTube video of it.

Thanks

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!  Don't forget about DeSoto and Chrysler.  If you're looking for a project, you might want to check out the external site referral section here.  There are several cars listed for sale, depending on where you are located.  I think there are still a couple of cars listed in the classifieds section here as well.  Good luck with your search and keep us posted on your progress. 

When you get tired of looking at rusty vehicles around the Midwest, I have some excellent western Dodge trucks that would make good projects.  Thank you.

Tom Anderson

Paonia Colorado

• 2 weeks later...