General Parts Question

edrendek7777

Just remember that Hollander's will only list an interchange if it's a direct, no mods needs, interchange.  For example, when I replaced the heater control switch in my 65 Cuda I used a later model switch that had the ability to turn the AC on/off in defrost but that required plugging one wire to a different spot on the switch.  Not an interchange by Hollander's rules.

Yes the Hollander was the bible that allof the junk yards used to determine if they could supply a part from a car or truck for a customer.  The other option for some of the smaller items for the electrical components etc is to look on ebay for various automotive catalogs like Autolite, Borg warner because they were the major suppliers of parts to the car industry.

rich Hartung

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just remember that Hollander's will only list an interchange if it's a direct, no mods needs, interchange.  For example, when I replaced the heater control switch in my 65 Cuda I used a later model switch that had the ability to turn the AC on/off in defrost but that required plugging one wire to a different spot on the switch.  Not an interchange by Hollander's rules.

That's not always the case.  In a lot of listings alternates are listed along with changes needed.  Example would be our flatheads, bypass/internal, the interchange is shown with the proper gasket.   Not nearly as true with later stuff, but my book is the 30th edition.  Paper, not online like the current version.  Side gear swaps for rear end interchange is also listed. That's for the change in spline count.

Dad owned a salvage for 30 years and I spent a lot,  really a lot, of time thumbing through those from 1960-90.